Rev - Series 2

It's been confirmed that Series 2 begins on Thursday 10th November at 9pm, part of a comedy double with Life's Too Short, transmits at 9:30pm.

Very much looking forward to this! There's a Christmas special too.

(Sorry, noticed that each series of a sitcom gets a thread, so started this...)

Great news, for Thursdays (and comedy lovers).

I've seen the first two episodes and am happy to report that the quality of Series 1 has been maintained. Should be a very enjoyable run.

Are they going to put jokes in this series? Perhaps the ones they saved up from the first run?

There are certainly jokes, but it's the same tone and gentle pace as Series 1 rather than being particularly gag-based, so for the purpose of your argument: no.

I'll give it a miss then.

I watched all of series one, to give it a chance, and it just really upset me.

So very excited about this. Tom Hollander and Olivia Colman are so brilliant. Oh and Miles!

Any time a show is so wholly conceived and researched it's bound to be as fantastic as this. Probably. That statement is not a proven theory or anything. But anyway, Rev is a good show.

Same here. Really liked Series 1 so I'm looking forward to this.

Loved Olivia Coleman and Hugh Bonneville in this first episode. Tom Hollander's character is wonderfully played and written. And it never feels that they are making a crude attack on his faith.

In my experience I've found a lot of people who haven't even heard of this series. Great pity, especially when you consider how popular and long the pitiful Vicar of Dibley lasted.

Vicar of Dibley was excellent. As is Rev, although of course they are in utterly different styles.
So glad this is back!

I loved the first series of Rev but have to admit to being slightly underwhelmed by this first episode, it seemed to take a while to get going and then ended up being resolved far too quickly at the end.

I still enjoyed it, hope the very attractive teacher features in it a lot this series, but it seemed a bit of a slow opening show.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 13 2011, 1:47 PM GMT

it seemed to take a while to get going and then ended up being resolved far too quickly at the end.

That was odd, wasn't it, all that build up of the undeserving have-a-go-hero, and then no pay off; and the daytrip plot didn't come to much, either. Perhaps if they hadn't squeezed in two storylines, there would have been time to explore either one to better effect.

I found episode one a little boring. As has been said the 'have-a-go' hero incident could have really gone somewhere but didn't. How disappointing.