Rev - Series 2 Page 6

I thought tonight's was one of the best episodes!
Hope there's going to be more.

Loved this series. Loved tonight's episode, proper Christmas-falling-apart-then-fixing story.

Really hoping for a third series. This and Him & Her have been my Sitcoms of the year.

An enjoyable episode. Weirdly for a sitcom I enjoy the drama bits more than the comedy, mainly because Hollander is such a genuinely great actor and so much better than the normal pipsqueaks you get in sitcoms (I hope he plays a big part in the next Thick of It series).

Quote: chipolata @ December 20 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

An enjoyable episode. Weirdly for a sitcom I enjoy the drama bits more than the comedy, mainly because Hollander is such a genuinely great actor and so much better than the normal pipsqueaks you get in sitcoms (I hope he plays a big part in the next Thick of It series).

Agreed.

And his brief appearance as 'The F**ker' at the end of the last series bodes very, very well if utilised properly. :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 20 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

Weirdly for a sitcom I enjoy the drama bits more than the comedy,

Yes, that surprised me too, I usually hate drama in a sitcom, because it's typically such awful drama. Worst offenders are the US shows which feel obliged to shoehorn in a bit of mawkishness amongst the finely crafted gags; but there's none of that feeling with Rev, it's all good.

Quality TV. Writing, acting, the lot.

Just started to get into this, nice Christmas special. Will there be a 3rd series, does anybody know?

No announcement has been made, but it'd surprise me if it didn't return.

Surprised this hasn't popped up on a thread yet...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000874/rev_series_3_to_arrive_in_2014/

2014 is so long to wait, but I'm glad we're getting more.

Me too!

I'm sort of glad it's coming back but I fear it might go down the same route as Lead Balloon, with it essentially repeating the same episode each week.

Enjoyed watching one episode of this last night although they're doing them in pairs on Drama.