Rev - Series 2 Page 4

Quote: roscoff @ December 7 2011, 8:28 PM GMT

I actually laugh out loud at Life's Too Short but never at Rev.

Maybe you would if Tom Hollander was 6" shorter?

Quote: Nogget @ December 8 2011, 10:20 AM GMT

Maybe you would if Tom Hollander was 6" shorter?

Am I sizist? Do I laugh at short people? These are questions I'm now asking myself.

Nice to see Richard E Grant again - it's ages since I've seen him in anything.

Still a great comedy pisshead.

A really strong episode, I thought, helped along by featuring Mick, probably the funniest homeless crack-addict con-artist on TV since Wendy Craig.

My Mum loves this show. She'd like to take Tom Hollander home and smother mother him. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 3 2011, 9:40 AM GMT

It's trying to get most of its humour from the headline grabbing aspects of modern religion, which is why I used the term arch. It's an interesting idea to try it out, but the big subject material doesn't look right in the sitcom form, to me. :)

The vicar/priest as the central comedy figure is not new but I have never seen it used so centrally or in such an endearing and smartly written way, especially the church politics.

Vicar humour has usually been Dawn French or Derek Nimmo saying 'I hope god's in bed,' before eating extra cake or helping take a bra off.

Rev is one of those odd pleasures for me.

Like The Vicar of Dibley I rarely laugh out loud but I find the overall tone of the show very pleasant and I look forward to the episodes.

My two cents.

This must be one of the best episodes I've seen of anything this year. Laugh out loud funny clever character interplay and still some clever points.

Quote: youngian @ December 10 2011, 3:26 PM GMT

The vicar/priest as the central comedy figure is not new but I have never seen it used so centrally or in such an endearing and smartly written way, especially the church politics.

The Little World of Don Camillio? There was a charming BBC adaptation in the early eighties starring Mario Adorf and Brian Blessed.

Quote: sootyj @ December 10 2011, 6:58 PM GMT

This must be one of the best episodes I've seen of anything this year. Laugh out loud funny clever character interplay and still some clever points.

I've got them taped, so I'll hurry along with that kind of feedback going around.

I just watched the one with the Woman vicar, it was enjoyable

Brilliant again, and more pathos than usual.