The Bleak Old Shop Of Stuff Page 7

I listened to an episode of Bleak Expectations immediately before watching this; I am afraid the TV show did not make me laugh as tenth as much.

Nice to see Tom Allen appear in the show.

Yes.

Okay, I've got episode 2, but it starts like it's missing an episode, is that right? I've seen the Christmas episode, and I just got this episode, but it makes no sense to me. Can someone please shed some light?

Quote: mlauzon @ February 28 2012, 10:04 PM GMT

Okay, I've got episode 2, but it starts like it's missing an episode, is that right? I've seen the Christmas episode, and I just got this episode, but it makes no sense to me. Can someone please shed some light?

There have been three episodes so far, including the one at Christmas, so it sounds like you've missed out the one inbetween the Christmas ep and this week's.

Yes; please do check our episode guide. The hour long Christmas special is an entirely different storyline with many different characters. Sadly, certain groups and websites (mentioning no names) were ... well, let's be generous and say 'less than clear' in how they have listed, named, and displayed both the special and the series.

Great, now I'm going to have to go looking for episode 1 named properly.

Easiest is to look for something that's about 7 days old - and half an hour in length! If it mentions Tim McInnerny, that's it. :)

I found a copy, watching it now, really wish people would be more descriptive than they actually are.

I'm enjoying it, quite a few funny bits, but it could do with tightening up a little.

Quote: Timbo @ February 21 2012, 10:20 PM GMT

I listened to an episode of Bleak Expectations immediately before watching this; I am afraid the TV show did not make me laugh as tenth as much.

This isn't going to work as as generic Dickens spoof on the telly it needs to reference specific stories and characters and that's a well trodden path. The radio show is funny because the narration is imaginative and creative and uses the language very well.

Pip Bin!

I hope it was him just in passing from one of his adventures.

Good episode this one. The half-hours are better than the first special, or maybe I've just 'tuned-in' to it now.

Dan

He hate using profanities, but this is shite!

Can't get into this at all. Badly written in my view and Robert Webb's character wants to make me smack him around the head. However, it did have the Legend that is Derek Griffiths in it.

Heads and Tails anyone?

The kangaroo court part put me in mind of the great Flanders pigeon murderer court scene from blackadder goes forth

The difference being I've watched that scene about 23 times and it still makes me roar with laughter

Whereas this scene was so badly written and so spectacularly unwitty it was actually embarrassing

Guff to be honest