Stewart Lee Page 3

I saw an advert for his new TV series yesterday; looking forward to it!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 4 2009, 4:42 PM GMT

I saw an advert for his new TV series yesterday; looking forward to it!

It's only taken him 10 years to get back on the box (thanks a lot Jane Root) and I reckon it'll be well worth it.

Can't wait for this. Stewart Lee is probably the best stand-up comic ever (in my opinion). Everyone buy his DVDs!

Dan

I too cannot wait for this! Certainly in my top 3 favourite comedians ever.

He is superb, isn't he? One of the very few stand-ups I can actually be arsed to go and see. Hope some people actually watch the bloody thing! It is on BBC2 isn't it? Quite right too.

It's a disgrace he hasn't had a show of his own for such a length of time. So this one had better be good!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 5 2009, 9:54 AM GMT

It's a disgrace he hasn't had a show of his own for such a length of time. So this one had better be good!

It's not a surprise though, is it? His material's a bit too clever for most people and that's never going to be a ratings winner.

Quote: Ben @ March 5 2009, 10:44 AM GMT

It's not a surprise though, is it? His material's a bit too clever for most people and that's never going to be a ratings winner.

He was in that Armando Ianucci satire show that didn't really work. And an Armando Ianucci Christmas special type thing that worked much better.

Time Trumpet? I watched that quite recently and did enjoy it. Thought it was under-rated. Stewart Lee would alternately appear bald and full-haired, which was odd but mildly amusing.

For those interested, his Stand-up Comedian show is about £4 on Amazon. Thoroughly recommended. (Additionally funny cos one side of the audience seem to 'get' him, and the other half (his left) don't seem to know what's going on, and he (as usual) plays up to it)

See Amazon product listing

Last year's Edinburgh show, 41st Best Standup (£11):

See Amazon product listing

And 90s Comedian is available at Go Faster Stripe for £10.

Dan

And he was on The Politics Show tonight, extolling the virtues of alcohol. Good man.

(Comedy fans - don't jump to iPlayer; it was a serious take on a serious subject, which he took seriously)

This Week*

WTF? Stewart Lee sings country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEdLOEetiy4

Has anyone seen his new series? 'Comedy Vehicle', I think it's called?
He did a brilliant piece on political correctness and people getting it wrong.

Quote: deian @ November 18 2009, 11:41 AM GMT

Has anyone seen his new series? 'Comedy Vehicle', I think it's called?
He did a brilliant piece on political correctness and people getting it wrong.

It's great.

I'm seeing him tonight! Woohoo!

Dan