The Thick Of It - Series 4 Page 17

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/oct/25/thick-of-it-bbc-political-satire-ends

Dan

And what Chris Addison thinks: http://bit.ly/Rog77h

Dan

Quote: Aaron @ October 22 2012, 3:45 PM BST

The Thick Of It is almost none of that. It's almost a biopic of the entirety of Westminster, running dangerously close to celebrating the Bad Al Campbells of this world. There's little divergence from what has actually, literally happened.

I'd agree with that for this latest series. It seems to have become a little bit too interested in slavishly chucking in everything that has happened over the last few years and in the process has become a bit muddled. Still great writing and performances, though, and it'll be sad if this is the last ever episode tonight.

I don't care what anyone else says, I thought that was a great final episode. Very funny.

A sound foundation of c**ts. Laughing out loud

:D

Also loved Glenn's goodbye speech.

And poor Malcolm. :(

Amazing. I'll miss it so much.

Great final episode. RIP Malcolm.

Pains me to say it, but bit of a poor final episode. No great lines and some slightly awkward and unconvincing moments that seemed to have been shoe-horned in for the sake of closure. Compared to last the masterful final episodes of the last series this was amatuer hour. Disappointing.

Quote: zooo @ October 27 2012, 9:56 PM BST

And poor Malcolm. :(

Nooo! That was an evil half-smile in the taxi. I absolutely refuse to believe anything different.

Pining already.

I enjoyed it - but more as a fan watching the last of a much-loved programme than for the laughs itself.

I do kind of agree with the comments about it quietly 'celebrating' Alistair Campbell and the culture of spin - implying we'll "miss him when he's gone".
The truth is the Blair years were great years for political satirists - but completely morally bankrupt.

"That was better than IMAX Inception!"

Quote: AJGO @ October 28 2012, 12:14 AM BST

Nooo! That was an evil half-smile in the taxi. I absolutely refuse to believe anything different.

Pining already.

I felt this.

If not a half smile, there was certainly a sigh in there that sounded like relief. Especially after his description of the job to Ollie.

So it ends not with a bang but with a whimper :(

Can't believe it's over. :(

Really enjoyed Glenn's resignation speech.