General, General Thread Page 2,702

Quote: billwill @ 18th July 2014, 11:16 PM BST

Could be one for the spouse of the deceased and one or more for grown-up offspring of the deceased?

??? Does anybody do that???

Quote: keewik @ 18th July 2014, 11:19 PM BST

??? Does anybody do that???

Dunno.

I'm no good at doing sympathy cards in any case.

Well, f**k me, am I looking forward to that or what?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02312wx

KILL THE DOG! EXTERMINATE! My son was delivering 'Better Together' leaflets (where did I get him?) When a yappy little bastard of a dog bit his leg. Afternoon spent at A & E. Mind you I did point out that the dog must have been a discerning 'Yes' voter.

Quote: keewik @ 18th July 2014, 5:37 PM BST

Went into a card shop today to buy a sympathy card for somebody who's lost her daughter. There were masses of offers of 3 for the price of 2, so I hunted around for the sympathy cards, knowing they wouldn't be on offer. Eventually had to ask an assistant and she pointed them out. 'Two for the price of One?' I asked. 'Don't you think that's a bit tasteless?' She looked at me in amazement then muttered something along the lines of it had nothing to do with her.

Who bulk buys sympathy cards??????????

Well if you know lots of old people.......

Quote: keewik @ 20th July 2014, 9:05 PM BST

KILL THE DOG! EXTERMINATE! My son was delivering 'Better Together' leaflets (where did I get him?) When I bit his leg. Afternoon spent at A & E. Mind you I did point out that the dog must have been a discerning 'Yes' voter.

Erm Keewik you can have your independence

Quote: keewik @ 20th July 2014, 9:05 PM BST

KILL THE DOG! EXTERMINATE! My son was delivering 'Better Together' leaflets (where did I get him?) When a yappy little bastard of a dog bit his leg. Afternoon spent at A & E. Mind you I did point out that the dog must have been a discerning 'Yes' voter.

Keewik, you are a smart woman. I am always interested to talk to intelligent people who are voting yes - what are the arguments in favour of it apart from the Braveheart/Bonnie Prince Charlie vibe?

As far as I can see independence = a f**k load of uncertainty for the Scots.

Oh God. The Commonwealth Games loom large.

'Dear BBC, before you start your blanket coverage, hardly anyone give a flying F.

Love Oldrocker Dave.'

Dear Oldrocker

Get cable TV, I completely ignored when that antisemitic old soak the queen mum carked it

yours sincerely the BBC (Mrs)

It was a good funeral though.

Quote: Jennie @ 20th July 2014, 9:23 PM BST

Keewik, you are a smart woman. I am always interested to talk to intelligent people who are voting yes - what are the arguments in favour of it apart from the Braveheart/Bonnie Prince Charlie vibe?

As far as I can see independence = a f**k load of uncertainty for the Scots.

Yes,uncertainty, but you only have one life. It's a leap of faith, maybe for a better life.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 20th July 2014, 10:00 PM BST

Oh God. The Commonwealth Games loom large.

'Dear BBC, before you start your blanket coverage, hardly anyone give a flying F.

Love Oldrocker Dave.'

Try living near bloody Glasgow. Traffic is a nightmare.

Quote: keewik @ 20th July 2014, 10:19 PM BST

Yes,uncertainty, but you only have one life. It's a leap of faith, maybe for a better life.

But apart from being able to say it is an autonomous nation/not run by tories, how will day to day life be better?

It strikes me that Scotland will have to fight just to retain the status quo economically. Even if Westminster back down on the currency union.

I don't think Salmond wants independence. He wants devo max, but Cameron forced his hand on the referendum. It will be interesting.

Devo max?

I love Devo, but can he whip it?

Day to day life? Well maybe I won't be going round Morrison's with tears in my eyes while I gather stuff to hand in to the collection for food banks.

On a totally different tack, why is it when goodies are shooting at baddies taking off in cars, that they don't aim for the tyres? That's what I'd do.

Salmonds's going to abolish poverty and remove the need for food banks?

How?

If he pushes up taxes your rich bastards will just go south of the border, you're not even guarranteed membership in sterling or Euro.