General, General Thread Page 2,701

Who would you reckon the enemy is?

Great Woody Allen quote . .

"The only time my wife and I had a simultaneous orgasm was when the judge signed the divorce papers."

A relative has been doing a lot of canvassing for the 'No' campaign and I'm utterly appalled at the number of people who're saying they won't bother voting. This is the most important vote ever because it's permanent not just for 5 years like a general election.

I can sympathise with no voters. Yes makes no economic sense, you lose billions in Barnet formula cash, no easy entry to the EU and your industries are in an even bigger mess than the rest of the UK. As for joining in an alliance with Northern Europe states they seem to be slow in answering Salmon scented mail. It's a vote for at worse economic ruin and at best a loss of free university education, prescriptions and thousands of public sector jobs.
As it is wee Eck has proven to have no real answers, but a tolerance for bullying his critics.

You're staying, but that's just such a humiliating proposal I can't imagine many people will be able to bring themselves to vote for it.

What's the SNP brought you, a democratic acceptance of the British Imperium. I suspect he'll end up claiming assylum in that London.

For every set of statistics from one side, the other side produces an opposite set, so it's impossible to make an informed decision. However, as I said, what appals me is that so many people won't bother their arses to vote.

By the way, since devolution a lot of things are better here and that's not down just to one party.

The SNP stats seem a little bit more airy fairy than the no campaigners.

Also Salmonds policy of harrassing critics is not the mark of a man with much confidence in his own arguments.

I just hope a lot of the voting doesn't come down to anti English or anti Tory prejudice.
It is a tough choice but I'd like to think that the Scots & English are good pals deep down

Try wearing an English football shirt in Glasgow at 1am on a Sunday morning . .

Why should I?
It would be freezing
I'll keep my coat on thank you & get myself some Cheesy chips with Curry sauce.

Och, ye Sassenach ye.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th July 2014, 12:24 AM BST

I just hope a lot of the voting doesn't come down to anti English or anti Tory prejudice.
It is a tough choice but I'd like to think that the Scots & English are good pals deep down

It won't be anti-English - that's a bit of a myth. However I do believe it could well be anti-Tory. Since Thatcher, there's real.loathing for Tories, hence the fact there is only ONE Tory MP in Scotland.

but the torys are just a party that maybe out at the next election.

Went into a card shop today to buy a sympathy card for somebody who's lost her daughter. There were masses of offers of 3 for the price of 2, so I hunted around for the sympathy cards, knowing they wouldn't be on offer. Eventually had to ask an assistant and she pointed them out. 'Two for the price of One?' I asked. 'Don't you think that's a bit tasteless?' She looked at me in amazement then muttered something along the lines of it had nothing to do with her.

Who bulk buys sympathy cards??????????

Serial killers and I an Duncan smith

Quote: keewik @ 18th July 2014, 5:37 PM BST

Went into a card shop today to buy a sympathy card for somebody who's lost her daughter. There were masses of offers of 3 for the price of 2, so I hunted around for the sympathy cards, knowing they wouldn't be on offer. Eventually had to ask an assistant and she pointed them out. 'Two for the price of One?' I asked. 'Don't you think that's a bit tasteless?' She looked at me in amazement then muttered something along the lines of it had nothing to do with her.

Who bulk buys sympathy cards??????????

Could be one for the spouse of the deceased and one or more for grown-up offspring of the deceased?