General, General Thread Page 2,502

Oh I don't give 2 poohs for the subject, its the awful writing style I'm slating.

I give 4 poos (one is runny) and a flying f**k, not so much for the subject (ok, a little) but for her me, me, me attitude.

What an absolute tit head that woman is. Plus she has admitted to some pretty hideous emotional treatment of her son. I'm surprised the grauniad published that nonsense. I enjoyed reading the comments though.

I know what you mean Nat and Booo (Naboo?) But you can see how he just rises effortlessly above her neuroses.

Yes, to be fair he's probably used to her weirdness.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 11 2012, 6:13 PM BST

What an absolute tit head that woman is. Plus she has admitted to some pretty hideous emotional treatment of her son.

Well, the son seems to be okay, no permanent damage. And as for the tattoo debate, there's nothing people with tattoos like more than feeling that their some poor oppressed victimised minority, so they're probably loving it.

But it's the writing style I can't be bothered with either. Once you read the first few lines, you can see where it's going and then, when you scroll down and see a million years more of it on the way...oh God! I could have read it all, but I weighed it up...should I read that, or stick pins in my eyes for an hour. It was a tough call.

She reminds me of too many people I've met through work.

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2012, 6:18 PM BST

Well, the son seems to be okay, no permanent damage. And as for the tattoo debate, there's nothing people with tattoos like more than feeling that their some poor oppressed victimised minority, so they're probably loving it.

I like the way you generalise, Chip.

I suppose it's for comments and attitudes like yours that some tattooed people feel "oppressed".

BCG standard argument no234
"You're all prejudiced and smell unlike me"

Wait till a collection of posters have said something negative about someone or something.

Then jump in and say "you're all prejudiced and smell!" or
"it's a good thing they didn't kill anybody!"

Before retreating to your cave of smugness

Quote: Booo @ August 11 2012, 6:23 PM BST

I suppose it's for comments and attitudes like yours that some tattooed people feel "oppressed".

Now don't get the needle, Booo.

Quote: Booo @ August 11 2012, 6:23 PM BST

I like the way you generalise, Chip.

Cool

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2012, 6:18 PM BST

Hah...you should live where I live...the people without tattoos ARE the minority! Anyway...I don't think they feel victimized. However, my son does like the attention. Especially as a tattoo on his forearm is supposed to say, 'Music moves my soul', but looks more like the music is moving his 'soup'. Yeah...some letters are rather too curly for my liking.

And Boo's tatoos are very lovley

(more so as there is the delicious mystery of those that are not for public consumption...)

What is the absolute best painkiller for toothache? I've tried everything and I'm just about to start crying.