General, General Thread Page 2,404

Quote: AJGO @ February 25 2012, 1:56 PM GMT

Aw hun, that's horrible. At least hopefully they didn't manage to take anything though, and nice to know your bank is doing something right! ATMs that you have to pay to use can be well dodgy, shopkeepers aren't arsed to security check them and some dodgier shops might be in on it anyway, or could have cloned card at shop/restaurant? Bastards

I've only come across one of these once and walked away from it on principle (there was a free one yards away so God knows why they set that one up), but I'll bear in mind what you've just said.

Don't want to scaremonger! Dodginess can occur anywhere, only takes one twat in an otherwise respectable establishment. That's not reassuring, is it?!
I refuse to use ATMs because I think it's a f**king cheek paying for your own money, especially for the elderly when their post offices have been shut down and they don't have nearby or painless access to banks

No, I only use the free ones too, will usually go the the next one if the one I'm at threatens to charge. I'm sure it happened at a free one.

Coulda been a camera or person looking at pin, with one of dem plasticy thingies (actual name) to take the card details. Can happen anywhere, just bad luck, although try to look closely if the pin board/card strip looks tampered with, although they sometimes look dodgy cos someone's taken a dodgy thing off...
And don't worry about looking like a crazy lady, I always ask people standing too close if they want to take a step back :D

Quote: AJGO @ February 25 2012, 6:29 PM GMT

a camera or person looking at pin, with one of dem plasticy thingies (actual name)

:D

And don't worry about looking like a crazy lady, I always ask people standing too close if they want to take a step back :D

Laughing out loud Maybe I could point my tazer gun at them while asking.

Thieve someone else's card to buy that!

Yes, let's spread the love >_<

Yes, in the form of tazering the bastards :)
Wonder how easy it would be to buy a tazer gun and then blame the thief if old bill ask questions..

(NB, AJGO does not condone tazering or theft or fraud. But should Shandonbelle have a hypothetical champagne and cigars party paid for by blaming the thief, AJGO would like to be invited)

You can buy a Taser as easily as any other, illegal, firearm.

I suppose it depends on the people you know.

Quote: AJGO @ February 25 2012, 7:17 PM GMT

Yes, in the form of tazering the bastards :)
Wonder how easy it would be to buy a tazer gun and then blame the thief if old bill ask questions..

(NB, AJGO does not condone tazering or theft or fraud. But should Shandonbelle have a hypothetical champagne and cigars party paid for by blaming the thief, AJGO would like to be invited)

I find a brick in a sock makes a handy and economic alternative.

Was thinking more of (hypothetically!) getting goods and saying it was the person with the card wot dun it, so would have to be by card and probably involve someone with 'poor record keeping'. All the shops in my area are a front for something else, I morally detest and secretly adore my area :D

Quote: sootyj @ February 25 2012, 7:32 PM GMT

I find a brick in a sock makes a handy and economic alternative.

Your make do and mend attitude is to be commended in these hard times

Coulda been a camera or person looking at pin, with one of dem plasticy thingies (actual name) to take the card details. Can happen anywhere, just bad luck, although try to look closely if the pin board/card strip looks tampered with, although they sometimes look dodgy cos someone's taken a dodgy thing off...

I should post this in 'Things that piss me off' - bastards who stand at your elbow as you put in your pin - happens at checkouts too.

Tell them 'do you mind pal?'! People need to learn! I'm going to get knifed one day..

I glower at them ( my glowers are not to be taken lightly) and pointedly put my hand over the pad.

According to Crimewatch sometimes they have cameras in flats near the cash machine.