Haha

Ok it wasn't that hard
But well done Chappers too

In the words of the famous record label "If it ain't Stiff..."

Just noticed the date on this current quiz - January 30th??? :S

Friday Quiz January 30th 2015
1. In which competition this week did Colombia pip the USA? Miss Universe
2. Which singer has just trademarked some of her lyrics? Taylor Swift
3. What can be correctly used to describe a fraction, a noun and an adjective? Proper
4. What 4-letter word is this? Dymo

5. Although it has never been seen from the Earth and was only mapped recently, it charted for a record amount of time (over 10 years). What was it? Dark Side of the Moon
6. According to legend, a 9th century girl named Joan spent her life disguised as a man, but the secret was finally revealed when she died giving birth during a procession in Rome. If true, she was the first and only female what? Pope
7. If the oriental kind is twelve, then the middle one will be eleven; the lofty one , ten; and the peaceful one, nine. Nine what? ? Nine o'clock. These are the time zones of the USA (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific)
8. Apart from the fact it is used in flash lamps, what is strange about the 'noble' gas Xenon? Xenon means strange in ancient Greek
9. What links these two pictures? Bucket. Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; Richard Bucket, long-suffering husband of Hyacinth.

10. Name the film. Argo
11. If Roger is checked and Dennis is hooped to what party do they belong? Beano (Roger the Dodger and Dennis the Menace, from the Beano. Beano also means party)
12. Which small freshwater duck, the male of which is often richly coloured, usually with an iridescent coloured patch on each wing, is also the name of a colour? Teal
13. In which country would you currently find this player? Equatorial Guinea (for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations)
14. What was the theory expounding that political events are interrelated and that one can trigger off a chain of others developed by a US President to warn of the spread of communism in south-east Asia ? Domino
15. What made its full debut in the 1830s, has over 1,000 pieces, 46 or 47 red and blue strings and seven pedals? Harp
16. In cricket, how is it possible for a bowler to take a genuine hat-trick spanning three different overs? The last ball of one over, the first ball of the next, which is also the tenth and final wicket of the first innings. He then takes a third wicket with his first ball of the second innings.
17. Who is this? Film critic James King

18. The game of frooble has two scoring moves: the booble and the beeble. Each is worth an odd prime number of points, with a booble being worth more than a beeble. If the highest score that can *never* be achieved in a game is 95 points (regardless of how long the game lasts), how many points is each move worth? The booble is worth 17 points and the beeble 7 points. Full workings below.

19. What connection links these pictures: Types of coat or jacket (Tailcoat; Mackintosh; Peacoat; Morning coat; Donkey Jacket)

20. Unscramble the two connected words : A B I L O R S S U BLUR & OASIS

Maths workings:
The largest score that can not be achieved by some combination of p and q points, with p relatively prime to q, is p*q-p-q = (p-1)*(q-1)-1.
So 96 must be factorable as (p-1)*(q-1), for odd primes p and q.
Since the prime factorization of 96 = 2^5*3, and each of the two
factors must be even, the possible factorizations are:
2*48
4*24
8*12
16*6

Only the last factorization yields two factors each of which is one less
than an odd prime, so 17 and 7 must be the two primes we seek.

Have you got another quiz for us Steve? (Oh bugger! It's not Friday.)

It's not February either

Ah first dibs!

8. Fox

17. (Just) William Brown

(I know 16 too and 19.)

10. 28 Days Later

19. Dads Army (probably)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st July 2015, 8:08 PM BST

19. Dads Army (probably)

Well yes - I saw Wilson and Walker.

6 Bowler Hat?............... Seen them on TV at sometime I believe.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st July 2015, 8:08 PM BST

19. Dads Army (probably)

Yeah - Frazer, Wilson, (Don't Know), Jones, Walker

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st July 2015, 10:46 PM BST

Yeah - Frazer, Wilson, (Don't Know), Jones, Walker

Oh yes. Frazer Hines.

Maybe she's a Godfrey.

Or Rosamund Pike.

7. Knock
88. Fox

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd July 2015, 12:44 AM BST

7. Knock