11. Inxs ?

9 Marley

16 Cranberry

11- Crowded House

19. Sergeant Pepper

1 Thomas the Tank engine.

Quote: JohnnyD @ 17th July 2015, 8:41 AM BST

19. Sergeant Pepper

Oh,of course!! I feel ashamed now that I didn't get that, despite staring at it and trying to think of all manner of connections.

You are good at these JohnnyD! :D

Quote: reds @ 17th July 2015, 8:29 AM BST

11- Crowded House

Crowded House were going well up to 2010. I saw them.

All will be revealed before I leave work
I have another quiz lined up so will put another new one on today
(Well it is Friday after all)

Quote: Chappers @ 17th July 2015, 10:55 AM BST

Yes, but they were taking a break for a decade or so. Take a look at their discography:

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/crowded-house-mn0000130173/discography

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th July 2015, 12:38 PM BST

Yes, but they were taking a break for a decade or so. Take a look at their discography:

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/crowded-house-mn0000130173/discography

Quote: Chappers @ 17th July 2015, 10:55 AM BST

I think when you saw them they may have been doing what we in Aus sometimes call a John Farnham or A Farnsy.

Strumpet is probably the only other person that might make sense to.

Friday Quiz February 27th 2015
1. Where wil Eddie become Ryan? In the new Thomas The Tank Engine film - Eddie Redmayne is to voice one of the engines - Ryan. Also accept Island of Sodor
2. Who was on the receiving end of some unwanted attention in an emerald dress this week? Scarlett Johansson (from John Travolta at the Oscars)
3. Which Australian Aboriginal term for withdrawing from modern society and living in traditional style in the bush has been adopted as a PR exercise by the British royal family? Walkabout
4. Name the classic TV show. The Love Boat

5. Geographically what are close together when steep and wide apart when shallow? Contour lines
6. What type of people arrive in the USA by running but in Britain get there by standing? Politicians
7. Why is Blairgowrie in Scotland famous for rude noises? It is the centre of the raspberry industry
8. Which planet in our solar system is much the closest to the earth in terms of both mass and size? Venus
9. What links these two pictures? Marley (Ziggy & Jacob)

10. Who is this? Dame Mary Peters
11. Which Antipodean group played their final gig in the mid 90s to 120,000 people outside the Sydney Opera House? Crowded House
12. Which 'depth charge' cocktail involves pouring a shot of a particular German herbal liqueur into a glass of Red Bull? Jaegerbomb or Jaegerbull
13. Where is this? Peru
14. What is the name for the sudden and unexplained loss of fine motor skills needed to play a sport (such as golf) effectively? Yips
15. Which snake is the only animal species whose full scientific name is identical to its common name? Boa Constrictor
16. Which edible berry is usually harvested by flooding the plant beds with water and using special harvesters to collect the fruit? Cranberry
17. Name the film The Warriors

18. Andrew is stranded on a desert island with just one 20oz bottle of Irn Bru, along with water from a stream . To make the Irn Bru last as long as possible, he decides to drink 1oz on the first day and fill the bottle back up with water. On the second day he will drink 2oz and refill the bottle. On day 3 he will drink 3oz and so on. By the time all the Irn Bru is gone, how much water has Andrew drunk? 190oz of water. (See below)

19. What connection links these pictures: All appear on the album cover of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles

20. Unscramble the two connected words : A A C E G J L O O R T U JAGUAR & OCELOT

Maths workings:
It is given that the Andrew has 20oz bottle of Irn Bru.
Also, he will drink 1oz on the first day and refill the bottle with water,
will drink 2oz on the second day and refill the bottle,
will drink 3oz on the third day and refill the bottle,
and so on till 20th day.
Thus at the end of 20 days, he must have drunk
(1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + ..... +18 + 19 + 20) = 210oz of liquid.

Out of that 210oz, 20oz is the Irn Bru which he had initially.

Hence, Andrew must have drunk 190oz of water.

4. Deliverance

5. Chile