Star Trek Page 9

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 11 2010, 9:11 PM BST

:D

Laughing out loud

This is now officially your most popular thread ever, Sunshine. Hats off! ;)

Quote: Will Cam @ August 11 2010, 9:17 PM BST

it may not surprise you to know that I hate all Star Trek

Laughing out loud at Sunshine's Shatner pic.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 11 2010, 10:42 PM BST

:D :D

I forgot the trouble with Tribbles episode.
Great stuff.

Later on in Deep Space Nine they had an episode where they wen't back in time to the enterprise during this mission adding the DS9 Crew to some of the original footage.
And the amazingly they managed to pull it off quite well.

DS9 was possibly one of the best of the Treks. It has some really good actors, an arc plot that worked and a sense of menace.

Quote: sootyj @ August 14 2010, 7:57 AM BST

DS9 was possibly one of the best of the Treks. It has some really good actors, an arc plot that worked and a sense of menace.

It would have worked quite well were it not part of the Star Trek franchise. True Trek is arriving at a new planet each week, having an adventure there, then flying off into the sunset, ready for next weeks shenanigans.

I liked Odo fron DS9. And the woman with something in her was quite sexy. And Avery Brooks (?) was pretty good. But you can't tie Trek to a single location. It just doesn't work.

It was more of a bold twist, they stood still and the Universe came to them.

It was definitely Trek but different.

It also had Garrack, O'Brian and Damar easily some of Trek's best characters.

Quote: sootyj @ August 14 2010, 11:47 AM BST

It was more of a bold twist, they stood still and the Universe came to them.

It was definitely Trek but different.

It also had Garrack, O'Brian and Damar easily some of Trek's best characters.

I agree with you to a certain extent. There were some cracking episodes, and they did the long-term story arc very effectively (take note, Moffat!). However, as I said, when Trek's in the title you expect a trek of some sort. And if it doesn't happen, you're disappointed.

Perhaps in the war stuff it got a bit static. But well it was way better than Voyager and Enterprise (albiet their war arc was good)

Also the lack of arc in TOS and STNG could get wearing and silly.

DS9 had permanent Farenghis and Odo. Win.

I can't watch the original series anymore. I accidentally saw Shatner in the movie Big Bad Mama and now I just can't watch anything with him in it. Saw wayyy too much of Shatner in his altogether.

Quote: chipolata @ August 14 2010, 11:42 AM BST

It would have worked quite well were it not part of the Star Trek franchise. True Trek is arriving at a new planet each week, having an adventure there, then flying off into the sunset, ready for next weeks shenanigans.

"To seek our new life and new civilisations - to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

So why do they keep encountering human settlements on these planets?

Quote: Chappers @ August 14 2010, 3:36 PM BST

So why do they keep encountering human settlements on these planets?

Didn't you see the episode where they landed in Sutton?