Star Trek Page 10

I seem to be alone in considering the most recent film to be total piffle.

Quote: Chappers @ August 14 2010, 3:36 PM BST

"To seek our new life and new civilisations - to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

So why do they keep encountering human settlements on these planets?

Human settlements with access to bits of polyfilla to stick on their noses.

But good question.

Quote: Timbo @ August 14 2010, 6:25 PM BST

I seem to be alone in considering the most recent film to be total piffle.

Yes, yes you are. :)

Quote: Chappers @ August 14 2010, 3:36 PM BST

"To seek our new life and new civilisations - to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

So why do they keep encountering human settlements on these planets?

Humanoid old chap - convergent evolution.

These alien hotties are all very well until Captain Kirk finds himself confronted with a cloaca.

It's no worse than evey episode of Doctor Who being set in London, a quaint village or a space station.

Quote: chipolata @ August 14 2010, 6:39 PM BST

It's no worse than evey episode of Doctor Who being set in London, a quaint village or a space station.

Come on, they have so much money, they could make more of an effort at least with the make up. So many Trek aliens seem to just have funny ears or bumps and ridges on their forehead.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 14 2010, 6:42 PM BST

Come on, they have so much money, they could make more of an effort at least with the make up. So many Trek aliens seem to just have funny ears or bumps and ridges on their forehead.

That's what aliens look like! You know nothing, Stott.

Of course Enterprise went for mainly CGI aliens in it's last seasons.

And well it was no better.

Albeit the Aquatics and CGI Gorn were cool.

Quote: sootyj @ August 14 2010, 6:53 PM BST

Of course Enterprise went for mainly CGI aliens in it's last seasons.

I like how you say 'of course', as if this is surely common knowledge to us all! :D

I loved the original series. Shatner was a fine specimen back in those days. I thought Uhura was sooo cool, loved the ear-piece especially.

I loved the recent reboot movie, not just because Chris Pine is phwoar-geous, but there was a touching story to it. I think subsequent series /spin-off's forgot to include human interest and to appeal to female audiences.

Some of their fans do manage to snag themselves girlfriends eventually, and some girls like sci-fi, the makers should appeal to them more.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 10 2010, 11:22 PM BST
"Set vibro's to stun"

I actually thought you'd doctored that picture, until today, half way through my new purchase of the remastered series (great job they've done btw) I watched that episode, What Little Girls Are Made Of (makes it worse!). Not only does he hold it suggestively but he then thumps an 8 foot tall meat head wearing a lady's nightie/dressing gown combination, with it - aw, my ribs are still aching! I'd forgotten how funny Star Trek could be. Oh there were some wags working on that show, alright.

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2010, 10:24 PM BST

This is now officially your most popular thread ever, Sunshine. Hats off! ;)

I think Absent Friends has taken over by now but thank you.

My Neice has got me VIP Tickets for some convention next week.
Shatner, Stewart, Mulgrew, Brookes & Quantum Leap guy will all be there apparently

I'm hoping to be one of Shatners best friends by the end of the night.
Bakula can jog on!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 13 2012, 2:36 AM BST

I think Absent Friends has taken over by now but thank you.

Is that one of yours, Sunshine? I don't care for that one. It's the BCG at its worst: incestuous and self-obsessed. This thread's much better.

I like the threads that have imaginary conversations with the Mythical Griff

Off to the Excel in a little while to see Star Trek London.

#geek