Star Trek Page 13

Sad news, very moving seeing NASA tweet a message.

He's gone to a better place.

Great shame, great man, great actor.

Who gets the ears?

The Matador.

Didn't they get the ears when Mickey Mouse died? :(

My sons money box, respect.

If you've resurrected Dr Who who I thought I'd bring back Star Trek. If you thought Doctor Who's become woke bollocks, watch any new generation of Star Trek episode from the last 20 odd years! Especially that Voyager crap. Sick

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th September 2021, 11:53 AM

If you've resurrected Dr Who who I thought I'd bring back Star Trek. If you thought Doctor Who's become woke bollocks, watch any new generation of Star Trek episode from the last 20 odd years! Especially that Voyager crap. >_

>_

>_

Sick

As was pointed out in the Who thread, Star Trek was always woke. The only thing that changed is that Woke Derangement Syndrome has infected some people and made them see woke evil everywhere.

Hmm, not really. I agree that most arts and that includes TV are liberal in nature and will promote liberal values but I don't remember the Original Star Trek trying to make white western males feel guilty for being white western males. This is what Doctor Who has been crudely attempting to do by all accounts although I can't watch the rubbish.

And sci fi movies can be very preachy about man's destruction of the planet etc. yet continually making huge blockbuster movies to say it hardly lessens our carbon footprint. :S

Been rewatching a bit of the Next Gen on Pluto TV, some great episodes in there
Star Trek has to be a bit wokey, because it exist in a hopeful future where humanity has grown and improved

I quite enjoy the new Star Trek: Discovery. They do some nice riffs on original Trek, especially my favourite storyline involving the entire Discovery crew ending up in the evil Mirror Universe that Kirk wound up in. Although don't watch it if you're easily triggered since the main character is a black woman called Michael.

Star Trek shorts are pretty fun too, especially the Tribble one, the Harry Mudd one, and the animated one that manages to reference more original Trek episodes than you can shake a phaser at.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th September 2021, 6:08 PM

Hmm, not really. I agree that most arts and that includes TV are liberal in nature and will promote liberal values but I don't remember the Original Star Trek trying to make white western males feel guilty for being white western males.

I'm a white western male and I don't feel remotely guilty watching any of these shows. Or even that they're trying to make me feel guilty. You need to stop being so oversensitive and toughen up, Kipper, and not see every woman or person of colour depicted on screen as a direct attack upon you.