Things that piss you off Page 1,672

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd June 2016, 10:42 PM BST

You've got to understand that we're miserable gits!

Especially as we currently have a government trying to scare us into remaining a member of a corrupt organization (EU) where non-elected 'civil-servants' make up unnecessary rules & regulations and ministers elected in other countries plot to turn Europe into a federal union, with the same non-elected blokes in charge.

{This will not be anything like the political structure of the USA}

We have others in the REMAIN camp who believe that Cameron actually succeeded in ensuring that the UK will not be enveloped by a Federal Union of Europe, despite the fact that the UK generally loses whenever there is a vote on any law that won't suit us.

Cameron came away from that EU Council, with a promise that was about as valuable as the "Piece of Paper" that Chamberlain got from Hitler just before WW-II.

"I know waffling when I see it"

He so was though . . . and she just articulated what we were thinking.

All politicians must have an inbuilt bullshit generator button they flick on when asked a question they can't answer with even the slightest modicum of sense, logic or knowledge, so stock bullshit comes out instead - a bit like the stock library shots in that ludicrous "Janet and John" style EU leaflet.

Trouble is, we really can sniff it out a mile off as it's basically using a whole load of words to say nothing at all . . .

I don't like it when a cashier tries to initiate conversation, especially when I have been waiting in the queue for a while. If you'd shut up, maybe you wouldn't have to apologize for the wait!

Self-service tills are a god-send, until they malfunction and then you have to interact with one of the guardians. Hopefully though everything gets resolved quickly as they press a button or swipe their little card things.

Home delivery is my favourite though, but even that isn't perfect because you have to have an awkward conversation with the delivery driver whilst you unload your bags.

I just know, KNOW that they would have had that same chat about the weather or whatever 50 times before me. I can taste the sick in my mouth as it automatically spews out the well worn statement of "You wouldn't think it was June with this rain, would you?".

Sigh...

I would never initiate a conversation when I worked in a shop. When I'm a customer I just want to be in and out. I HATE it when they ask things like 'what are you doing for the rest of the day?' None of your f**king business! Jesus, I didn't realise I had to prepare a conversation to buy this can of f**king Coke.

On the other hand I find it very rude when they barely acknowledge you and treat you like an inconvenience, usually because they are on their mobiles.
A smile, a thank you and an efficient service would do me.

Quote: Lee @ 3rd June 2016, 12:26 PM BST

I don't like it when a cashier tries to initiate conversation, especially when I have been waiting in the queue for a while. If you'd shut up, maybe you wouldn't have to apologize for the wait!

Go to Lidl, none of them speak English.

Quote: Nogget @ 3rd June 2016, 3:33 PM BST

Go to Lidl, none of them speak English.

Neither do the customers on the odd occasion I have been in one - who needs to go on holiday abroad these days to soak up the culture of another country.

We have friendly English speaking staff in our Lidl.

Same here!

Even the "till number 5 is opening" call has a Russian accent in my local one. Truly.

What pisses me off are charity street collectors. Not the kind that are shaking a tin and will accept any donation large or small and not get in your face but the ones who are hardsell and only interested in setting up direct debits and can't even legally accept a cash donation. Scum. Subhuman scum.

'Chuggers' I believe these street vultures are called - a 'charity + muggers' combo - not to be confused with 'Cheggers' - a combination of chump + mugger within your home. Cool

Facebook posts listing talents that you have even if you're not "talented".

Quote: fopdoodle @ 4th June 2016, 12:58 PM BST

'Chuggers' I believe these street vultures are called - a 'charity + muggers' combo - not to be confused with 'Cheggers' - a combination of chump + mugger within your home. Cool

A combination of Chump and Muggers is still Chuggers not Cheggers.
If it's Keith Chegwin you're on about I think the term is chunt.

Recipes on websites that are also blogs?! You have to scroll down 500 pages of someone wittering on about how they "discovered" this forgotten recipe deep in the jungles of Amazon rain forests before you even get to the bit you came here for, only for it to link to a bloody book you have no interest in buying!