Things that piss you off Page 1,669

Quote: keewik @ 19th May 2016, 10:28 PM BST

Heard on TV - we need 'educating'. No we bloody don't. We need educatED. The full sentence is 'we need to be educated' not 'we need to be educating'. I'm sick of the tendency to substitute 'ing' for 'ed'. It's not logical.

The fact that you need to be "educated" is this- Its because you have dared to have an opinion of your own(shudder) and because you disagree with some media know all or politician who OF COURSE have the monopoly on being correct.

"We don't need no education . . ."

"Yes you do - you just used a double negative"

IT Crowd

. . . though strictly speaking, Pink Floyd are actually saying literally that they DO.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 23rd May 2016, 12:50 PM BST

"We don't need no education . . ."

"Yes you do - you just used a double negative"

By virtue of the fact that line is so famous, it proves two negatives do make a positive.

Quote: keewik @ 19th May 2016, 10:28 PM BST

I'm sick of the tendency to substitute 'ing' for 'ed'. It's not logical.

I don't know if Ing Milliband would be any better.

A drunk relative.

Having the start of a cold. It hasn't even been cold.

Bank holidays.
For reasons being I hate Sunday's purely because nothing seems to happen on a Sunday and it's nothing to do with me being lazy as I'm always trying to get things going but it just never seems to happen and Bank Holidays are basically a second Sunday.
I realise I'm in the minority with this but as I'm an awkward bugger I can happily accept that.

Today is Memorial Day in the States, so do like we do and have a big BBQ and beer bash with your friends and neighbors!

We cooked this mess o' meat yesterday: two chickens, two boneless legs of lamb and a pork loin. It was tasty!

I appreciate the suggestion Butty but I'm vegetarian and tee total plus the weather is currently being a big bag of left handed cat wank so that ideas out the window.mplus none of my mates live near me at the moment.

Quote: Sarc @ 30th May 2016, 3:36 PM BST

I appreciate the suggestion Butty but I'm vegetarian and tee total plus the weather is currently being a big bag of left handed cat wank so that ideas out the window.mplus none of my mates live near me at the moment.

Get to know your neighbors. I didn't have any friends within 1500 miles when I moved here, but now I'm friends with at least a dozen families and we socialize constantly.

The weather here is hot and humid, so we erected several large umbrellas and brought out industrial fans and swamp coolers to keep things bearable near the fire.

It's a noo dawn, it's a noo day, it's a noo life for me .......and I'm feelin' good

- that geezer from Sutton on "Has Britain Got Talent?"

Quote: Sarc @ 30th May 2016, 1:39 PM BST

Bank holidays.
For reasons being I hate Sunday's purely because nothing seems to happen on a Sunday.

Why don't you go to church?

Because I would most likely burst into flames where I to set foot through its doors, well that and I find the whole idea of organised, disorganised too come to think of it, religion a complete load of rancid floppy donkey cock.

Angry

Something tells me I'm now on a list of things that piss Lofthouse off.

I have no problem if other people believe in it but it's just not for me in the slightest.