Things that piss you off Page 1,667

They are complimenting you on how thin you are. You don't register as human sized.

Oh I've ruined the great fire of London thing.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd April 2016, 10:51 AM BST

Oh I've ruined the great fire of London thing.

>_<

Not knowing what's going on in in the life of Ruth and Eamonn. Its a good job that I'm kept up to date when I go into the newsagents as their heart rending escapades are all over the covers of a multitude of magazines. Panic over......phew

People on public transport or waiting for public transport- I don't want to hear your music, football game, the random video of you and your giggling friends etc. Invest in a pair of headphones or wait until you get home.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd April 2016, 10:43 AM BST

Automatic doors that don't open when you approach. Like they're making some sly comment about you.

If you are a wheelchair user the alarm often goes off by the time they do eventually open. I've never stolen goods from a store except a packet of polos from the co-op when I was ten and I don't like being stared and pointed at when all I am doing is trying to leave the shop.

How I loathe the girl in the Morrison's advert. What child ever speaks like that?

Police.
Teachers.
Council workers.
Firefighters.
DWP Staff.
Inland Revenue.
Doctors.
All of the above are public servants and have from time to time (justifiably so) taken industrial action. Yet M.P.s have never had any gripes about their pay or working conditions. Funny that. Answers please to www.moneygrabbingoverpaidlyingdoubledealingtaxavoidinghypocrites.co.uk

Quote: paulted @ 28th April 2016, 6:59 PM BST

Police.
Teachers.
Council workers.
Firefighters.
DWP Staff.
Inland Revenue.
Doctors.
All of the above are public servants and have from time to time (justifiably so) taken industrial action. Yet M.P.s have never had any gripes about their pay or working conditions. Funny that. Answers please to www.moneygrabbingoverpaidlyingdoubledealingtaxavoidinghypocrites.co.uk

When have Police taken industrial action?

Oo-er... its the party faithful

Quote: paulted @ 28th April 2016, 7:36 PM BST

Oo-er... its the party faithful

It's a serious question about the police. I don't believe they are allowed to take industrial action. I wondered what you were referring to when you said they had.

Early 20th century. Law bought in just after this in response.

It's something I find interesting because police have a union and can campaign but I think for them to 'down tools' is unlawful. The fact frontline numbers have been slashed over the last few years means conditions are going to get worse so it's not a good time to join up. Can you imagine if there was a repeat of the 2011 riots now? The police wouldn't be able to cope.

Things that piss me off are speeding drivers. I had a lucky escape this week becase I was in a traffic jam on a bend and a young lad came speeding around the corner and in to the back of me which made my car hit the one in front. He said he had just passed his test and was late for work and asked for it to not go through insurance. My car wasn't damaged much so I would have probably agreed to spare him a lifetime of paying for it in hiked up premiums but he made me damage a brand new car in front of me so no deal.

Ironically the queue was because of a previous accident that the police were attending so they should have known the risk the bend on the country road posed and put up warning signs further back to warn people to slow down. I feel like complaining that they didn't.

Sorry to hear that, it must have been a frightening experience. I hope you are ok.

Re. my police question, I found this out yesterday; it is in their contracts that they can't strike. They have taken part in parades (I think that means demonstrations) in their own time.

The soddin weather

It's like living in chuffing Poland

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st May 2016, 12:51 PM BST

The soddin weather

It's like living in chuffing Poundland

I thought you did live in poubdland.

You're sleeping in there so often.