Things that piss you off Page 1,668

Yes, weather is crap but I wouldn't live anywhere but my native land.

Dave Podmore!

I know this is a thread about stuff that pisses you off but this little nugget of info carries on from an earlier post of mine.

She's asked if she can come see me next week, I said yes of course.

So yeah, that's happening apparently.

I'm confused, you're dating your job centre adviser?

Nooooooooooooooooooo God no, that's just nasty.
A friend of a friend, catch up Sooty

You know some of us don't live here!

I'm mostly on the British continuity guide, they always say whats coming up but there's never a punchline.

Quote: paulted @ 28th April 2016, 6:59 PM BST

Police.
Teachers.
Council workers.
Firefighters.
DWP Staff.
Inland Revenue.
Doctors.
All of the above are public servants and have from time to time (justifiably so) taken industrial action. Yet M.P.s have never had any gripes about their pay or working conditions. Funny that. Answers please to www.moneygrabbingoverpaidlyingdoubledealingtaxavoidinghypocrites.co.uk

Well you know the answer. Go into Politics - or start a revolution.

Or join the Labour Party aaaaand....... instant utopia!

Yogurt adverts. Or any advert flogging edible white gunk you need a spoon for such as mayonnaise.

Why is there never ever any stuck to the underside of the spoon? Even on the packaging it's the same.

It isn't natural as it's really quite difficult to avoid because you dip the spoon right in - and you would think they would want to depict enthusiasm for the product rather than chronic OCD as it would also look more aesthetically pleasing because psychologically, it makes you want to lick the spoon. :P

The Spanish cannibal slug invasion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3029207/Britain-grip-invasion-six-inch-long-Spanish-cannibal-slugs-spotted-50-miles-inland-time.html

Red squirrel leprosy.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-05-10/already-troubled-british-red-squirrel-has-new-problem-leprosy :(

People who take those sodding perspective photos where it looks like someone is holding a miniature landmark in their hand, it was clever to start with but now everyone's doing it giving me filthy looks when I just want to get past. I've now taken it upon myself that whenever Im in London now to photobomb every picture possible until people get the hint. I realise this will take a long time but f**k it, I'm not doing anything at the moment.

Footballers with Spanish teams who fall about all over the place like they've been shot.

I know our league is full of foreigners but they really are taking the piss.

Heard on TV - we need 'educating'. No we bloody don't. We need educatED. The full sentence is 'we need to be educated' not 'we need to be educating'. I'm sick of the tendency to substitute 'ing' for 'ed'. It's not logical.

I think it depends on the context of past or present tense so someone who has left school is schooled and someone still at school is schooling. We need to be educated suggests that education needs to be in place already and we need educating suggests it needs to be happening now. It's a shame there was never the sequal Educated Rita :D

What pisses me off right now is companies taking the p*** out of their staff. The team I work in has just been told our working hours are going to be drastically changed and will start to include weekends. There is all this fancy consultation period going on where we all have the oportunity to voice our concerns and objections but we all know it's going to go one way. Their way or the highway.

I'd still quibble with that. Somebody who is 'schooling' would, in my opinion, actually be teaching somebody else.

Sorry for your work problems. This seems to be happening all over the place these days. There's about to be a strike by Glasgow Council workers, apparently, because there's a move afoot to change holidays such as Christmas, bank hols etc, to ordinary holiday entitlement, the reason being that those who work on these holidays will no longer be entitled to double pay or whatever. This means some staff will lose anything between £500 - £1,000, a big loss for low paid workers. And this from a Labour Council!