Things that piss you off Page 1,639

Quote: Chappers @ 17th December 2015, 12:18 AM GMT

Oooh. That felt quite nice actually.

Perv

Quote: T.W. @ 17th December 2015, 1:03 AM GMT

Old BCG members who flounce off then return a couple of years later.

:) - but you didn't insult the BCG community at large and then formally resign though? I've only been an active participant since February 2014, so cannot comment on the activities which preceded my tenure.

TV Shows that insult my intelligence by not caring about - obvious plot holes, timeline cock ups and characters who behave inconsistently.

I watched the first episode of Luther and immediately remembered how much the last series annoyed me. It is as if the producers feel that making the excellent Idris Elba mean, moody and magnificent (which my wife assures me he is) is all they need to do.

SPOILER ALERT

Examples -

Two detectives enter a house where a murder has taken place the previous evening. They are met by their commander who tells them that 'Soco' have just finished and left. They enter the room where the murder has taken place to look at the body which is still there wedged behind the sofa. So we are to accept that scenes of crime gained all the evidence they could retrieve from a scene with a cursory glance and that they were sure that there was no evidence to be gained from looking under or indeed at the victim??
One of the detectives then immediately looks at a folder in which there are 'cctv' photos of the victim's husband (and apparent prime suspect) shopping in a supermarket for a take away on the way home. This policeman then notices that the cctv photo does not match a photo on a hall table and apparently is not the husband. So why is it in the folder in the first place!? And where did a bloody folder come from so quickly?

Then when the police identify the killer they turn up outside his gaff alerting him with sirens on and lights flashing then stand there in the street "waiting for the bomb squad" whilst the killer destroys computer evidence and makes good his escape. Because that is what the police would do isn't it?

Luther enters the property looks around then homes in on the fridge (fair enough a fridge has featured earlier in the episode) which he throws to one side exposing a huge air conditioning duct with a louvre style grill covering the entrance. He hears the killer escaping in the duct and so pulls the cover off and climbs into the duct. Umm I thought, I wonder how the killer managed to pull a large heavy fridge to cover the duct whilst behind the grill and in the duct?

Believe me I could go on, there are several more examples of a slap dash approach in just this one episode. This show needs a better script editor or editor or script.

Still I must admit Idris is mean, moody and magnificent...

Quote: playfull @ 17th December 2015, 7:56 PM GMT

TV Shows that insult my intelligence by not caring about - obvious plot holes, timeline cock ups and characters who behave inconsistently.

I watched the first episode of Luther and immediately remembered how much the last series annoyed me. It is as if the producers feel that making the excellent Idris Elba mean, moody and magnificent (which my wife assures me he is) is all they need to do.

SPOILER ALERT

Examples -

Two detectives enter a house where a murder has taken place the previous evening. They are met by their commander who tells them that 'Soco' have just finished and left. They enter the room where the murder has taken place to look at the body which is still there wedged behind the sofa. So we are to accept that scenes of crime gained all the evidence they could retrieve from a scene with a cursory glance and that they were sure that there was no evidence to be gained from looking under or indeed at the victim??
One of the detectives then immediately looks at a folder in which there are 'cctv' photos of the victim's husband (and apparent prime suspect) shopping in a supermarket for a take away on the way home. This policeman then notices that the cctv photo does not match a photo on a hall table and apparently is not the husband. So why is it in the folder in the first place!? And where did a bloody folder come from so quickly?

Then when the police identify the killer they turn up outside his gaff alerting him with sirens on and lights flashing then stand there in the street "waiting for the bomb squad" whilst the killer destroys computer evidence and makes good his escape. Because that is what the police would do isn't it?

Luther enters the property looks around then homes in on the fridge (fair enough a fridge has featured earlier in the episode) which he throws to one side exposing a huge air conditioning duct with a louvre style grill covering the entrance. He hears the killer escaping in the duct and so pulls the cover off and climbs into the duct. Umm I thought, I wonder how the killer managed to pull a large heavy fridge to cover the duct whilst behind the grill and in the duct?

Believe me I could go on, there are several more examples of a slap dash approach in just this one episode. This show needs a better script editor or editor or script.

Still I must admit Idris is mean, moody and magnificent...

I've always found it baffling how people regard Luther as being some gritty masterwork. Every line of dialogue sounds like it was written by Garth Marenghi. Every character is a cliche and Idris Elba isn't very convincing as a tough guy. I found myself laughing out loud on a regular basis during the first two series.

Also, can it really be considered a 'series' if there are only two episodes?

Noisy eaters- I shouldn't be able to hear you stuffing your gob from the other side of the room.

People who go to a services club and then can't be bothered to be quiet for 60 seconds when The Ode is played.

Older people who can't deal with having younger person in higher positions than them. Especially when they had the option of applying for the higher position. Might just be the places I've worked but this seems to more common with women.

When I do something as directed but the person who asked me to do it realises they made a mistake and then tells my bosses that I did the wrong thing.

Getting told that I am taking to long to do something- then been told I did it wrong. Maybe if you could fill in information correctly and not entirely leave out other details altogether I might get it done faster and correctly. I can not read your mind.

Methinks primarily someone is having a bad time at work presently. Pleased

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th January 2016, 11:57 AM GMT

Methinks primarily someone is having a bad time at work presently. Pleased

Yep- but hopefully gets a bit better next week. The first and third work thing have probably just annoyed me more because it's been so busy.

The second one though makes me really angry. If I did the wrong thing then I will take the blame- tell my bosses. I just don't appreciate been blamed when I only did what I was asked. Especially in this case as I had no reason to question it.

Quote: reds @ 8th January 2016, 11:49 AM GMT

Noisy eaters- I shouldn't be able to hear you stuffing your gob from the other side of the room.

Goes with that I suppose, but people who eat with their mouth open - apparently this was a bad habit of Norman Wisdom's, who would make a "joke" of it - "Do you like sea/see food?"

Then he would open his gob and show you it. Not nice. Sick

Sniffing. BLOW YOUR NOSE!

SPITTING!

Especially if you have paid them to swallow!

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 8th January 2016, 1:00 PM GMT

Sniffing. BLOW YOUR NOSE!

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Quote: reds @ 8th January 2016, 11:49 AM GMT

People who go to a services club and then can't be bothered to be quiet for 60 seconds when The Ode is played.

Older people who can't deal with having younger person in higher positions than them. Especially when they had the option of applying for the higher position. Might just be the places I've worked but this seems to more common with women.

When I do something as directed but the person who asked me to do it realises they made a mistake and then tells my bosses that I did the wrong thing.

Getting told that I am taking to long to do something- then been told I did it wrong. Maybe if you could fill in information correctly and not entirely leave out other details altogether I might get it done faster and correctly. I can not read your mind.

What's an Ode at a services club?

The fact that you can no longer buy anything in a shop without being interrogated about whether you want a bag/store card/special offer etc. All this Till Talk is stressful.

I think they've made them annoying on purpose to force us to prefer the self service tills.

Another thing I hate.