Things that piss you off Page 1,640

Quote: chipolata @ 9th January 2016, 10:45 AM GMT

The fact that you can no longer buy anything in a shop without being interrogated about whether you want a bag/store card/special offer etc. All this Till Talk is stressful.

I'm glad that hasn't caught on over on this side of the Atlantic. All we ever get is "Did you find everything you were looking for?" and "Have a nice/wonderful/blessed day."

I know people are only being nice when they say have a blessed day, but it would make me feel rather ill.

Plus in this country any kind of 'have a nice day' just sounds sarcastic anyway.

It sounds false. Let's face it, and who can blame them, they couldn't give a bugger what kind of day we have

Quote: keewik @ 9th January 2016, 8:38 PM GMT

It sounds false. Let's face it, and who can blame them, they couldn't give a bugger what kind of day we have

That's the Jocks for you!

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2016, 11:08 AM GMT

I think they've made them annoying on purpose to force us to prefer the self service tills.

Been to one of those local Tescoes a couple of times and made one of their staff who was stacking shelves serve me when the self-service tills were empty.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th January 2016, 8:42 PM GMT

Been to one of those local Tescoes >_< a couple of times and made one of their staff who was stacking shelves serve me when the self-service tills were empty.

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2016, 5:06 PM GMT

I know people are only being nice when they say have a blessed day, but it would make me feel rather ill.

Plus in this country any kind of 'have a nice day' just sounds sarcastic anyway.

The only time I would react well to 'Have a blessed day' is if it was enthusiastically shouted at me by Brian Blessed.

That would admittedly be amazing.

Just discovered that the reason my dentist didn't remind of an appointment (for one that had been made last summer) is that they do not ring land lines anymore, only mobile phones, which yet again pisses me off because yes, I do have a mobile (£30 Pay as you Go from Tesco with £10 of free calls), but only for when it is convenient for me to use - not everyone is obsessed with mobiles phones and a lot of people do not have them at all!

I have even found a web site I had to register onto that would not let me proceed with unless I quoted a mobile number and would not accept a land line, so I had no option but to make one up - I don't want my mobile phone number given to every f**king Tom, Dick and Harry who will then try and sell me all sorts of shit.

I also have to smile or not, when Virgin rings me up to wonder why I do not have a mobile phone with them and the person at the other end of the line thinks I am insane not having one clamped to my ear all the time............
"Hi Deirdre, yes I am now coming up your garden path to your front door" Get a f**king life people!! Wait, and speak to your friends/relatives face to face.

And as for iPhones, well don't get me started on the aimless twats that wander the streets texting or surfing when they should be looking where they are f**king going!

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 9th January 2016, 10:11 PM GMT

The only time I would react well to 'Have a blessed day' is if it was enthusiastically shouted at me by Brian Blessed.

Brian Blessed once leant on my van at traffic lights. He was on a bicycle and it was in London just outside The Ritz hotel. I wound my window down to speak and he said
'Give us a tow lad, I'm knackered' in his normal hushed tones.
He held on to the window frame but I set off too quick and he had to let go. I heard him shout 'bastard'

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 9th January 2016, 10:11 PM GMT

After reading his autobiography, I would too!

People who refer to Football as Soccer.

Chris Martin of Coldplay was interviewed as an Exeter supporter recently but referred to soccer so I think he knows f**k-all about football.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th January 2016, 6:06 PM GMT

People who refer to Football as Soccer.

I believe that the word originated in England.

Quote: DaButt @ 20th January 2016, 6:50 PM GMT

I believe that the word originated in England.

Only the knobs. It comes from Association Football but I still hate it!

Never understood why the Americans call their "sport" football, when as far as I can see they spend the whole time chucking the ball from one end of the field to the other. >_<

And why is rugby called rugby when there's no rugs?