The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 558

Quote: Ben @ 21st April 2014, 5:09 PM BST

Burnley into the Premier League!

First day of pre-season, Dyche probably just growled "Get promoted, or I'll f**king kill you all".

Management done.

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st April 2014, 6:02 PM BST

Oh it's gonna happen soon

The source that revealed Fergie was about to retire is today claiming he is about to be sacked imminently

Why don't they grow up?

They're so used to winning trophies they think they've got a God-given right.

It's good for them to suffer like 98% of football fans around the country occasionally.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st April 2014, 7:42 PM BST

Why don't they grow up?

They're so used to winning trophies they think they've got a God-given right.

It's good for them to suffer like 98% of football fans around the country occasionally.

Oh come on, they've gone from Champions to 13 points shy of CL qualification.

If they were in, say, Arsenal's position, they wouldn't be making such a fuss.

Let's face it, the drop-off has been huge.

Quote: SimonWing @ 21st April 2014, 7:45 PM BST

Oh come on, they've gone from Champions to 13 points shy of CL qualification.

If they were in, say, Arsenal's position, they wouldn't be making such a fuss.

Let's face it, the drop-off has been huge.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Compared to Liverpool's similar rise.

I don't get all this "typical Man U fans..." stuff I see written a lot online.

As far as I can make out, most football fans - especially those of the big clubs - seem pretty much the same to me.

95% of them would all pretty much gloat, mock or moan about the same things, regardless of their affiliation.

I think a lot of people hate Man Utd fans from Kent or Cornwall or Birmingham etc etc

As they support Utd for the simple reason that they win stuff all the time

SUPPORT YOUR HOME TEAM YA GLORY HUNTING TOSSERS!

Quote: SimonWing @ 21st April 2014, 8:14 PM BST

I don't get all this "typical Man U fans..." stuff I see written a lot online.

As far as I can make out, most football fans - especially those of the big clubs - seem pretty much the same to me.

95% of them would all pretty much gloat, mock or moan about the same things, regardless of their affiliation.

Hear hear.

I once was taken to Celtic Park in Glasgow and had to leave at half time for non football related reasons.

I was surprised to see a few Hoops fans leaving at the same time so I asked them why they were going.

I got the usual answer of "I'm not watching that rubbish," etc... There was, of course, much more swearing, it was Glasgow after all.

Oh and did I mention that Celtic were winning 2 - 0.

Can't please some people.

Quote: SimonWing @ 21st April 2014, 8:14 PM BST

As lofty has just pointed out, there are a lot of 'glory hunters' out there who only support winning teams. The worst being middle class knob ends who own a Brazil, Barcelona and Man Utd shirt.

The other problem is that it's the younger fans who are the most vocal, they've never supported a team going through the good times and the bad times. Their view of football and what it is to be a fan are massively skewed.

This current clamour for Moyes' blood is really distasteful and shows a lack of maturity and patience from a lot of spoiled supporters. What happens when the next manager hired doesn't provide instant results?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 10:58 PM BST

This current clamour for Moyes' blood is really distasteful and shows a lack of maturity and patience from a lot of spoiled supporters. What happens when the next manager hired doesn't provide instant results?

The "you're getting sacked in the morning" chants from Sunday's game seemed to come from the Everton fans - which I thought was a bit rude, considering the many years he spent at the club.

I don't think the problem is where they are in the league - it is that Man U show no fight, no passion, no desire to play for each other. I wonder if Moyes has lost the dressing room. In which case, he should go.

It's what happened to Billy Davies at the mighty Reds. It wasn't the results, it was the way the team were playing and crucially the fact that he no longer had cohesion in the dressing room.

"sings: We are the champions my friends !"

Moyes sacked.

Just read this interesting titbit about Moyes' contract.

"Under the terms of his six-year contract, failure to qualify for the 2014/15 Champions League entitles Moyes to take away on only one year's pay from the five years oustandng on his six-year contract."

Still, it's decent severance pay.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd April 2014, 7:58 PM BST

Just read this interesting titbit about Moyes' contract.

"Under the terms of his six-year contract, failure to qualify for the 2014/15 Champions League entitles Moyes to take away on only one year's pay from the five years oustandng on his six-year contract."

Still, it's decent severance pay.

More than I shall get at the end of the month.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 22nd April 2014, 9:03 AM BST

Moyes sacked.

The Damned United part 2.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd April 2014, 9:04 PM BST

The Damned United part 2.

Well, he is welcome to come to Forest if he is going to do a Cloughie.