The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 559

Pots and kettles come to mind when you see Simeone complain about cheating.

Quote: SimonWing @ 21st April 2014, 8:14 PM BST

I don't get all this "typical Man U fans..." stuff I see written a lot online.

As far as I can make out, most football fans - especially those of the big clubs - seem pretty much the same to me.

95% of them would all pretty much gloat, mock or moan about the same things, regardless of their affiliation.

But teams like Chelsea and Manchester City don't expect to win everything. They hope to but those glory hunters whinge when they have one bad season. And how did the Grim Reaper manage to get that scythe into the ground?

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd April 2014, 9:13 PM BST

And how did the Grim Reaper manage to get that scythe into the ground?

That wasn't you in the pic then? ;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 22nd April 2014, 9:31 PM BST

That wasn't you in the pic then? ;)

Chappers would have wanted him to see out his contract.

And the scythe looks like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiffys-Inflatable-Grim-Reaper-Scythe/dp/B000W9QHJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398199005&sr=8-1&keywords=inflatable+scythe

So we can't win on away goals this time.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 22nd April 2014, 9:37 PM BST

And the scythe looks like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiffys-Inflatable-Grim-Reaper-Scythe/dp/B000W9QHJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398199005&sr=8-1&keywords=inflatable+scythe

Product Safety
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Warning: Not suitable for children under 36 months

:D

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd April 2014, 9:46 PM BST

So we can't win on away goals this time.

Bloody nightmare.
I don't know what the point of Torres even playing was - all he did was run back and foul people.
I think Terry going off messed up Mourinio's game-plan big time.
I would have thought he'd have bought Ba on earlier - if he hadn't already had to stick Side-Show Bob back and Schurrle in.
Because we really could have done with a goal last night.
No Czech, no Lampard, no Mikel and possibly no Terry.
Shite.

The lack of a goal was a concern for Chelsea last night as we're the injuries, but I think they'll prevail in the second leg. Madrid outpassed them to hell though, so it's going to be tight.

Iv'e always been a closet Chelsea fan (being from Yorkshire it's not allowed up ere tha knows)

And, I thought they did well last night - considering.

Atlético Madrid will be more pleased with the result, especially as they slowly weakened Chelsea. It was like a bull fight with them sticking the spear things in Chelsea's back all time until thy could just about function.

It's going to be a good match next week.

Die, Bayern, die!!

They're just a bit dull, aren't they? Gazza B will put them to the sword...

Madrid needs a second goal. 6 or 7 minutes time for Bale to score.

Chelsea vs Real Madrid will be a great final if it happens. So much drama to be had - Madrid going for their 10th title, Mourinho facing his ex-employers, Ancelotti facing his ex-employers, Ronaldo putting forward a case for player of the year again etc.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd April 2014, 10:30 PM BST

Chelsea vs Real Madrid will be a great final if it happens. So much drama to be had - Madrid going for their 10th title, Mourinho facing his ex-employers, Ancelotti facing his ex-employers, Ronaldo putting forward a case for Adam's apple of the year again etc.

Although Andy Murray is a strong contender.

Should be an interesting test for Pardew tonight to return the dugout for a game at the Emirates. Has previous touchline history with Wenger. Although NUFC aren't fighting relegation, he desperately needs a good result to save his own skin at the end of the season, so there will be some pressure on him. Last thing he needs is another spanking for his team. Wenger wants the points to help secure CL football next season, so could be quite tasty on and off the field tonight.

Oh well. Have to concentrate on the Premier League now.

How did Miranda get into their team? I guess she's probably strong and good with her head.