The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 557

Looks like Moyes has been sacked...

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st April 2014, 2:29 PM BST

No conclusive news as of yet. Strange to sack someone with 3/4 games left and nothing to play for. Can see it happening in the Summer though.

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st April 2014, 2:29 PM BST

Live updates on the developing (or not) situation:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-david-moyes-to-sacked-7013711

Hearing that it could happen today with Giggs to take over as caretaker whilst the post is advertised.

Club announce ..

"Definately not been sacked"

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st April 2014, 4:19 PM BST

Club announce ..

"Definately not been sacked"

Interesting that they used "been" rather than "being".

Burnley into the Premier League!

Oh it's gonna happen soon

The source that revealed Fergie was about to retire is today claiming he is about to be sacked imminently

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st April 2014, 6:02 PM BST

Oh it's gonna happen soon

The source that revealed Fergie was about to retire is today claiming he is about to be sacked imminently

Yes, it all seems very similar to a year or so ago when all the North West journalists had 'insider knowledge' and, sure enough, it was announced later that day that Fergie was leaving.

I feel sorry for Moyes as he's had to endure a lot of abuse and he shouldn't have been approached for the job. Who will be next though? I'd like to see Klopp as he's got a bit of charisma. Van Gaal seems a miserable so and so, but does have a good track record in Europe and domestically.

Quote: Ben @ 21st April 2014, 6:15 PM BST

I'd like to see Klopp as he's got a bit of charisma.

Klopp would be great...for every team or even league. But he won't leave Dortmund. Not in the next 3 or 4 years. I think Bayern's superiority at the moment is what makes his job in Dortmund even more interesting than in the years before that. He's an idealist...leaving now would be like refusing to do his unfinished business.

Quote: Ben @ 21st April 2014, 5:09 PM BST

Burnley into the Premier League!

Amazing, when you consider that they have only used 20 players all season. We've been expecting them to drop off, but they've stayed consistent.

Unlike certain midlands based tree hugging outfits I can mention. Angry

NB: This thread should really be entitled the "Man U, Chelsea and occasionally Liverpool and Arsenal thread". Come on guys, there is more to football than that!

Quote: Jennie @ 21st April 2014, 7:10 PM BST

This thread should really be entitled the "Man U, Chelsea and occasionally Liverpool and Arsenal thread". Come on guys, there is more to football than that!

Yes.

It kind of saddens me that Basel have a fairly dull name. With competitors like "Young Boys" and "Grasshoppers" do you not feel compelled to come up with something more imaginative?

Quote: Jennie @ 21st April 2014, 7:17 PM BST

It kind of saddens me that Basel have a fairly dull name. With competitors like "Young Boys" and "Grasshoppers" do you not feel compelled to come up with something more imaginative?

Must think about that. Maybe we could name them after our hardcore fans' favourite hobbies: "Brawling, boozing pyromaniacs".

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 1:57 PM BST

Why am I even rising to the bait on this one?

Because you love me?

Quote: Jennie @ 21st April 2014, 7:10 PM BST

NB: This thread should really be entitled the "Man U, Chelsea and occasionally Liverpool and Arsenal thread". Come on guys, there is more to football than that!

And Sutton United who are runners up in the Conference South and in the play-offs for the third year running but we can't afford promotion.