The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 547

Quote: George Kaplan @ 21st March 2014, 11:52 PM GMT

You haven't changed a bit!

Older mayhap?

Think about it though.

2s6d to go in and players paid £8 - £10 a week.

Do the maths.

And that's one side of the ground.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 21st March 2014, 10:23 PM GMT

The South Bank at the Molineux . .

What life was like before TV folks. Quaint to a degree I grant you but somehow it makes me love my telly more. Rolling eyes

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st March 2014, 12:18 PM GMT

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund
PSG v Chelsea
Man United v Bayern Munich

Whew!
Pretty jammy draw for the blues, I feel.

Maybe for now but not for semis because the far jammier big 3 escape each other. They actually get the weakest 3, how convenient I say. I remain very sceptical about the honesty of the draw, infact I'd put money on it that it was rigged again.

Are PSG that weak?

If I was Chelsea, I'd have taken Atletico, Dortmund or United over PSG. Even the other two Spanish sides I wouldn't put much higher than PSG. They're the real deal, which is a shame, as they are a contrived, plastic club bank-rolled by oil.

Bayern Munich are the team to avoid, though, and they did that. Is that the semi- draw too?

Quote: SimonWing @ 22nd March 2014, 9:48 AM GMT

Are PSG that weak?

Apparently not, on form much more dangerous than Chelsea big but Chelsea are tougher than anyone in the big games and know how to battle through. I reckon the big 3 would much rather face PSG than Chelski in semis but doubt they will personally.

I think PSG have been built for the Champions League and that's the owner's main goal. Ligue 1 is little more than a formality for them, so they're focused on Champions League. However, Mourinho is an expert tactician and knows the CL inside out. I think Chelsea are favourites with Mourinho at the helm.

Arsenal are gettin arseraped

Wenger really didn't need that today.

I actually think I love this Liverpool team. Never thought I'd say that about a Liverpool team.

That said, it must be weird to score 6, and lose "-2" and "-3" goal-difference respectively to your two main title rivals.

It was goal crazy today and Rooney's goal perhaps the best of the lot. I'll record MOTD tonight as it should be a good one. Pundits aside.

Quote: SimonWing @ 22nd March 2014, 4:55 PM GMT

I actually think I love this Liverpool team. Never thought I'd say that about a Liverpool team.

That said, it must be weird to score 6, and lose "-2" and "-3" goal-difference respectively to your two main title rivals.

Well they're clearly all going for more goals because it's so tight on points. Not so bad for Reds because it was an away game against rivals' home games.

Can't help thinking the 6-0 thrashing of Arse sums up Wenger's delusional state of mind. He pumped up Arsenal's chances for his 1000th game and got humbled again. The man has his head in the clouds, maybe his true calling was as an artist.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd March 2014, 8:37 AM GMT

Can't help thinking the 6-0 thrashing of Arse sums up Wenger's delusional state of mind. He pumped up Arsenal's chances for his 1000th game and got humbled again. The man has his head in the clouds, maybe his true calling was as an artist.

4th in the table, 7 points behind the leaders and several places ahead of both Tottenham and Man Utd. Yes Wenger is rubbish. :S

Quote: Ben @ 22nd March 2014, 9:06 PM GMT

I'll record MOTD tonight as it should be a good one. Pundits aside.

They had Leonardo on! I've always got time for him and his views. Russell Brand was wildly biased towards West Ham, but I think MOTD could do with more fan pundits to liven things up.

Brand was very good value as usual.

Brentford lose, Orient draw but the mighty Wolves go marching on !

:D