Parks and Recreation Page 4

Would anyone recommend getting the DVD??

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ March 29 2012, 1:13 PM BST

Would anyone recommend getting the DVD??

Buy season 2 to start with, and you won't regret it; one of the best comedies on TV.

Ohh okay thank you, will look into that now.

I'd watch season 1 first, even if you only do so online. It's just 6 episodes but you get a decent introduction to both the characters and the origins of the pit. Season 2 is where things get fully awesome though.

Just finished season 3 and I must say I am mightily impressed.

It's extremely funny, charming and touching. It's taken whatever was good about the now destroyed American Office and progressed it.

The Office had 2-3 really strong characters surrounded by weak foreground characters but P&A seems to have a sprawling cast of textured individuals who can each carry an episode by themselves.

Thanks to those who recommended it.

Now onto season 4! :)

THIS RETURNS TONIGHT! Season 4's been a slight dip in form in my opinion, hope the second half of the season gets back up there.

Yeah, I'm up to Ep 10 and it's getting a tad stretched and repetitive. I laughed more than ever at the end of the episode where Jean-Ralphio gets the accounting job. I wish he was in it more...

Last night (S04E19) was really good. This & Community are probably tied for my favourite current show but I have to watch them both in a completely different way; Parks I can just sit back and enjoy whereas Community I really have to focus and engage with to get the same level of satisfaction out of it.

Just had this framed. I love this show.

Oh man, I love that poster. Looks brilliant framed too!

Does anyone else find Rashida Jones a bit annoying in this? We need more Ron and less of her sickly sweet gurning to camera.

I've quite enjoyed the way they've paired Ron and Chris a few times without it seeming too contrived. I would watch a Ron Swanson spin-off all day long though. I would also like him to furnish my next house: http://offermanwoodshop.com/

Quote: Vince Ives @ April 22 2012, 11:55 PM BST

I would also like him to furnish my next house: http://offermanwoodshop.com/

Oh Christ Laughing out loud

I thought that was a joke website for a while, but he's actually into all that crafting malarkey in real life too. Perfect :D

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ April 23 2012, 1:20 AM BST

Oh Christ Laughing out loud

I thought that was a joke website for a while, but he's actually into all that crafting malarkey in real life too. Perfect :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xxtoosWMDpk

Watch him make a paddle.

I was stuck watching The Voice last night and was treated to a 3 minute P&R tie-in. There was some great Swanson... I checked YouTube and it doesn't seem to be there... NBC is fairly active in policing YouTube to try and feed traffic to it's own NBC.com or HULU (where it has a stake). I think it's worth checking out... even if you have to get your hands on a copy of the Voice final to watch it.