British Comedy Guide

Parks and Recreation Page 2

Your watching them just in time too, the third series starts up pretty soon.

Just watched another episode; I have a feeling I'm going to chew through the whole season in no time, it's that good. I'd definitely recommend people get hold of the second season and give it a watch.

America really is the dogs balls when it comes to TV comedy at the moment.

I watched the first episode of season two and thought it was... ok. I laughed a couple of times, but I didn't care enough about it to invest in a second watch. It just feels like The Office in a zoo, but with less laughs and less interesting characters.

Quote: Ben @ January 12 2011, 5:41 PM GMT

I watched the first episode of season two and thought it was... ok. I laughed a couple of times, but I didn't care enough about it to invest in a second watch. It just feels like The Office in a zoo, but with less laughs and less interesting characters.

Watch the second one of series 2 Ben, trust me, it leaps right up. I think I'm right in saying that it is actually made by the people who make The Office, and was initially going to be some sort of spin off, but then became its own thing instead, whilst retaining the whole mock doc-esque thing.

(Also, it's not set in a zoo!)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 12 2011, 6:23 PM GMT

(Also, it's not set in a zoo!)

Penguins + apes = zoo!

Quote: Ben @ January 12 2011, 6:52 PM GMT

Penguins + apes = zoo!

Yes that episode was set partly in a zoo, but not the show! *Shakes fist at Ben*
*Also shakes genitals*

Is it just me or has this show overtaken 30 Rock as the second best network sitcom (behind Community)?

In fact, Ron Swanson has usurped Jack Donaghy as the best middle-aged-white-guy character the way that Senor Chang usurped Dwight Schrute as the quirky cult character.

My season 2 boxset arrived in the post the other day. It is good. I am enjoying it. My jumper is grey.

I made it last as long as I could, but I finally finished my second series DVD. A brilliant season, one of the best sitcoms being made right now; and I just read it's been commisioned for a fourth season, so I've at least two more runs of goodness to enjoy.

Next, to plow through my season 1 Community DVD.

Yeah, I'm enjoying this show more every week.

As evidenced by this thread, it doesn't seem to have made much of an impression over here; I suppose because no channel has picked it up, for some reason, so a lot of people haven't seen, or even heard of it. We get 'Shit My Dad Says', but not this. People are missing out big time.

It benefits from airing on the same night as The Office and 30 Rock over here. Thursday nights are packed with comedy goodness.

It's very similar to The Office but the characters are interesting enough that I don't really care.

I don't know the "behind the scenes" reasons for it; but getting rid of the Jim Halpert clone Mark helped to distinguish it from The Office USA.

Quote: MTpromises @ March 18 2011, 1:36 AM GMT

I don't know the "behind the scenes" reasons for it; but getting rid of the Jim Halpert clone Mark helped to distinguish it from The Office USA.

He was kind of a dull character; when I read Rob Lowe and the other guy were coming in, I assumed they'd drop someone, and it was obvious who it would be. The guy they give nothing funny too.

I have just watched though the entire series so far in about a week. It's a really solid show and I'm really enjoying it.