FM Page 4

Quote: Ned1984 @ March 4 2009, 12:36 AM GMT

I thought it was pooh, didn't enjoy it at all, but I suppose that's one less DVD I have to fork out for.

I take this back, I watched episode 2 last night and episode 3 tonight and enjoyed them.

I'm still really enjoying this. Chris O'Dowd is just great.

Can also identify with sending an email out to wrong person as I did something very similar with a text message last week! Eek!

Another good episode this week. O'Dowd and Bishop are hilarious. I also liked the bit with the female DJ in the shop. Ladyhawk is lovely to.

I like this a lot. It's much, much, *much* better than I thought ITV could do.

Second episode was not only very funny (admittedly felt a bit contrived) but the performances from the three mains are great. O'Dowd is becoming a bit of a comedy legend, tbh.

*And* now they're selling me music! I (in my getting-on-a-bit days) haven't heard/bough any new music for ages but like the sound of this Hawk Lady so I shall go and get her album I think.

Quote: Ned1984 @ March 11 2009, 11:56 PM GMT

I take this back, I watched episode 2 last night and episode 3 tonight and enjoyed them.

I doff my cap to you, sir. There is not enough of this 'taking back' malarkey around here!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 13 2009, 8:40 AM GMT

*And* now they're selling me music! I (in my getting-on-a-bit days) haven't heard/bough any new music for ages but like the sound of this Hawk Lady so I shall go and get her album I think.

Tis' not too bad, very eighties mind you, but catchy.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2009, 9:10 AM GMT

Tis' not too bad, very eighties mind you, but catchy.

I swear that the song she performed sampled Cars.

Good episode this week but not as good as last week's I don't think. I found the scenes with the hat hilarious for some reason, and the bit with "Tainted Love." The Subways playing acoustically was nice too.

Yeah, not as good as last weeks but this is a really good series. Enjoyable characters, well played with the added interest of the bands they have on each week. As an idea it could have been terrible and the music performances could have been awkwardly shoe-horned in, but as it is - it works!

I really liked the "Tainted Love" bit too.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ March 19 2009, 4:59 PM GMT

The Subways playing acoustically was nice too.

I thought that they were shockingly bad.

Hope to good it gets a DVD release and second series.

Also off topic but any news about No Heroics?

Quote: Mike88 @ March 20 2009, 12:52 PM GMT

Hope to good it gets a DVD release and second series.

Also off topic but any news about No Heroics?

I haven't heard anything yet, except Drew Pearce (creator) is also producing the American Remake.

No news of a re-commission of No Heroics, but that's not suprising because, as hotzappa says, they're making an American version at the moment. Strangely they've changed all the characters' powers and names for the USA version, so it's likely to be quite a different comedy. Freddie Prinze Jr is amongst the stars.

Back on the topic of FM, I'm quite enjoying it... but in quite a 'middle of the road' way.

I finally got around to watching the 5th (?) episode. And it was another really good episode. Some great moments for all of the characters, especially Kevin Bishop with his "talking" John Peel trophy.

I hope it gets a second series.

Kudos to Westwood for his feud with Bishop. And Bacon. Excellent! :)

Dan

Good last episode. Chris O'Dowd continues to make me laugh. Nice to see Oliver Chris from Green Wing pop-up. Same goes for Laura Aikman. I just think it's too reliant on swearing sometimes.