I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,816

President Obama signed a bill into law on Monday that made the bison America's national mammal.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 12th May 2016, 9:41 AM BST

But If someone needs to be sacked for audibly quoting someone else in context, then shouldn't this also apply to print?

Didn't realise sacking was being asked for, that is an overreaction. I doubt it will happen. Just Googled sacked and today's news tells me:

1) Someone sacked for not wearing high heals in a city job.
2) Police woman sacked for posting a saucy (clothes on) selfy.
3) Assorted football managers and politicians being asked to be sacked.

Ironically, I'm not aware of any of vampires involved in Hillsbourgh being sacked, many won't even apologies. So I doubt they'll be sacked for this.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 12th May 2016, 10:13 AM BST

Didn't realise sacking was being asked for, that is an overreaction. I doubt it will happen. Just Googled sacked and today's news tells me:

1) Someone sacked for not wearing high heals in a city job.
2) Police woman sacked for posting a saucy (clothes on) selfy.
3) Assorted football managers and politicians being asked to be sacked.

Ironically, I'm not aware of any of vampires involved in Hillsbourgh being sacked, many won't even apologies. So I doubt they'll be sacked for this.

Is beyond ridiculous. Is actually similar to the plod sent home for having a few jars in his own time with his own dosh (Ben Needham case). What if he was finding particularly stressful, and in my book, if it doesn't affect your job . . .

I like a drink too after a stressful day at work but it has never ever in my whole life affected my duties or ability to do my job.

We have gone PC and law suit society mad - throw a smartphone into the mix and you are in a goldfish bowl so can't do or say anything without risking repercussions of some sort.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 6th May 2016, 8:08 AM BST

Galton & Simpson get BAFTA Fellowship

About time and none more deserved - such a shame to see them looking so frail on the awards, but still with the humour...........

"And to this today we compliment each other - he helps me up the stairs and I tell him what day it is" Laughing out loud

Quote: wigwam willy @ 6th May 2016, 8:08 AM BST

Galton & Simpson get BAFTA Fellowship

Thanks very much chaps for lighting up the stygian gloom with shafts of brilliance.

Absolute heroes.

In the years that I knew Sid, I hoped we would be the new Galton and Simpson.

Anyhow, fantastic news. :)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th May 2016, 9:44 AM BST

President Obama signed a bill into law on Monday that made the bison America's national mammal.

Glad to see that he's tackling the nation's pressing problems, although I wish it hadn't been an animal that I eat on occasion.

Is ours a badger?
I bet we don't even have one. So boring.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2016, 2:24 PM BST

Is ours a badger?
I bet we don't even have one. So boring.

It's officially a lion, but a bulldog seems more obvious.

Ha, I think lion definitely beats a smelly old dog.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2016, 5:21 PM BST

Ha, I think lion definitely beats a smelly old dog.

Not exactly a feature of our own fauna though, is it?

True. I'm not sure how many actual bulldogs I've ever seen though.

A nice house cat would probably be most representative.

Dressed like the Queen.

I'm sold.

Quote: zooo @ 12th May 2016, 7:31 PM BST

I'm old.

I know...don't worry, you're still a loveable person.

How very rude!