I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,811

:(

I'm now going to listen to his back catalogue through once. I'll see you next year.

Latest celebrity death. Oh dear. Here

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st April 2016, 8:12 PM BST

Latest celebrity death. Oh dear. Here

What a bastard...stealing my hairstyle:

I always thought that was some sort of mop hat, not a wig.........sad to hear of the death though as that was a brilliant advert and I think it was Irene Handl who voiced her.

"Coooee, cooeee Mr Shifter, light refreshments....." :D

Looks like ISIS are winning over American voters, Mississippi and North Carolina have pass laws so you can now refuse service to the LGBT community. Granted, Mississippi does look like a place that fears fashion and good grooming, but this is surely a step too far; embarrassing for America ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36104879

Hi-de-Hi...and RIP Barry Howard. :(

John Mann, down tiger!!!!

RIP Barry Howard.

Weasel Shuts Down Hadron Collider

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36173247

I didn't realise Michael Gove's influence extended that far.

The Daily Mail's horoscope writer Jonathan Cainer has died aged 58.

How come he didn't see that coming.

The Mail said Cainer was "quite simply, Britain's greatest astrologer"

Bollocks.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd May 2016, 10:01 AM BST

"So he was good at repairing watches, why make such a fuss about it"

Goldenvoice, the organizers behind Coachella, have officially announced their next megafest. Taking place October 7th - 9th at Indio, California's Empire Polo Grounds, Desert Trip will feature performance from six rock 'n' roll institutions: Sir Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Roger Waters, The Who, Bob Dylan, and Neil Young will all share the same stage for the first time ever.

Dylan and The Stones are to play back to back on Friday to open the festival. Young and McCartney will follow on Saturday, with The Who and Waters closing out the event on Sunday.

Additionally, the festival will feature an all-star lineup of world renowned chefs and 40 of the best restaurants from Los Angeles to New York City. Update: According to a representative for the festival, only these six music acts will be playing the festival. No further additions are coming.

Ticket go on sale Monday, May 9th at 10 a.m. PST. The prices are as follows:

Single-day passes - $199

Three-day general admission - $399

Reserved floor - $699, $999, $1,599

Reserved grandstand - $999, $1599

Standing pit - $1,599

Hotel packages, premium seating, RV and tent camping available.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/05/coachella-organizers-officially-announce-megafest-desert-trip/

Am I anti semitic for posting this....?

The Palestinian ambassador to the United Nations (UN) says the Tel Aviv regime is harvesting the organs of Palestinians killed in clashes with Israeli forces in the occupied territories.

Riyad Mansour said in a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday that the bodies of the Palestinians killed by Israeli forces are "returned with missing corneas and other organs, further confirming past reports about organ harvesting by the occupying power."

"A medical examination conducted on bodies of Palestinians returned after they were killed by the occupying power found that they were missing organs," Mansour wrote in the letter.

The Palestinian envoy further protested Israel's "persistent aggression against the Palestinian people" over the past month and the regime's "insistence on use of violent force and oppressive measures."

The issue of organ theft by Israel was first brought to the fore in a report published by Sweden's most highly-circulated daily Aftonbladet in 2009.

US daily The New York Times also said in an August 2014 report that transplant brokers in Israel have pocketed enormous sums of money. Based on the Times analysis of major organ trafficking cases since 2000, Israelis have played a 'disproportionate role' in organ trafficking.

The Palestinians whom Mansour was referring to were killed amid tensions in the occupied territories, which have dramatically escalated in recent weeks.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd May 2016, 6:43 PM BST

Am I anti semitic for posting this....?

No, but you're probably either naive or ignorant for passing on the Iranian government's anti-Israel propaganda as news. And let's face it, this blood libel crap is so old and tired...

For what it's worth, the 2014 New York Times article mentioned is about Israelis flying overseas for organ transplants because there is a shortage of donors at home because of religious reasons. They are buying organs from cash-hungry donors outside of the Middle East, not murdering Palestinians and stealing their organs.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd May 2016, 10:01 AM BST

The Daily Mail's horoscope writer Jonathan Cainer has died aged 58.

How come he didn't see that coming.

Bollocks.

Apparently though the story is that he DID predict it. Not that I ever understood his predictions.

I know I'm a bit behind on the thread but...

It's nice to see they still teach arithmetic in schools!

Quote..., "Choppers, who was 48, played Ada in the adverts that were broadcast on TV from the 1950s."