I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,778

It'll probably be one of the safest places in the country. I'd imagine that security at the French stadium must have been very good, hence the suicide bombers blew themselves up outside of the stadium and not inside among the crowds.

The footy should go ahead and life carry on I reckon, Herc.

These are thugs who attack innocents (including women and children) and we should not cower from them but stand up to them, arrest them, try them, and if they are found guilty, put them in prison.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 14th November 2015, 4:52 PM GMT

The footy should go ahead and life carry on I reckon, Herc.

These are thugs who attack innocents (including women and children) and we should not cower from them but stand up to them, arrest them, try them, and if they are found guilty, put them in prison.

Agreed to all but the prison part. I'd rather just call out the firing squad and give them the martyrdom they desire. It's cheaper, they wouldn't be able to recruit new members from the inmate population, and there would be no chance of further mayhem or hostage-taking with hopes of freeing their incarcerated brothers.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th November 2015, 5:13 PM GMT

Agreed to all but the prison part. I'd rather just call out the firing squad and give them the martyrdom they desire. It's cheaper, they wouldn't be able to recruit new members from the inmate population, and there would be no chance of further mayhem or hostage-taking with hopes of freeing their incarcerated brothers.

Maybe so, but I don't hear your President or our Prime Minister saying that. So we are left with what we have, the law, as imperfect as it may be.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 14th November 2015, 5:27 PM GMT

Maybe so, but I don't hear your President or our Prime Minister saying that.

They say it with drone strikes, bombing missions and commando raids in other countries. It's much less messy (legally speaking) than waiting until they arrive on our shores.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th November 2015, 5:49 PM GMT

They say it with drone strikes, bombing missions and commando raids in other countries. It's much less messy (legally speaking) than waiting until they arrive on our shores.

Are they not already on our shores?

Anyway, I guess our discussion in a BCG thread isn't going to count for much.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 14th November 2015, 7:17 PM GMT

Are they not already on our shores?

Anyway, I guess our discussion in a BCG thread isn't going to count for much.

Some are, but some haven't made it that far. Yet.

Well, somewhere between wagging a finger at them and all out nuclear war, I hope some of the atrocities can be prevented. Some of them can be caught and punished (or whatever the governments decide to do with them).

I guess this is an old commercial, but I just saw it during a football game. I wonder if it was resurrected due to yesterday's events in Paris?

http://youtu.be/ThImmlN-I8s

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 15th November 2015, 9:26 AM GMT

Which side of the divide are you describing?

Which divide would that be then, there are so many..

I'm relieved to report that my friends and family are on their way home from Paris.

Quote: Loopey @ 15th November 2015, 1:10 PM GMT

I'm relieved to report that my friends and family are on their way home from Paris.

Well, that's good news! Wave

That's great. :)

Quote: keewik @ 15th November 2015, 3:02 PM GMT

That's great. :)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 15th November 2015, 1:49 PM GMT

Well, that's good news! Wave

Thank you.

So pleased for you Loopey. :)