I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,701

Katie Price brands Katie Hopkins a 'DISGUSTING human being' who 'bullied Perez' during Celebrity Big Brother

Tax evasion row gone quiet on both sides.....hmmmmm. Can of worms. All concerned have sticky fingers. Election coming up. Both party's keep quiet about each other. Agreed? Agreed...... Bastards.

Quote: paulted @ 13th February 2015, 11:21 PM GMT

Tax evasion row gone quiet on both sides.....hmmmmm. Can of worms. All concerned have sticky fingers. Election coming up. Both party's keep quiet about each other. Agreed? Agreed...... Bastards.

It's all the Accountants who should be brought to account.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th February 2015, 11:36 PM GMT

It's all the Accountants who should be brought to account.

Boom-tish! Aythangyew!

Quote: Chappers @ 13th February 2015, 11:07 PM GMT

Katie Price brands Katie Hopkins a 'DISGUSTING human being' who 'bullied Perez' during Celebrity Big Brother

Pity it wasn't "Katie Price brands Katy Brand" etc.

Quote: sootyj @ 13th February 2015, 10:44 PM GMT

He's been in prison for 19 years, a world with no concept of rehabilitation is a very sad and savage one.

Maybe he'll convince the parole board.

But I think as a society either we take life or we don't

But taking hope that's quite unsettling.

Noye will never be any different. He is a psychopathic killer and people like him, Manson etc. should be put down and not given the chance to breathe air again.

How many times have we read that some murderer has been deemed to have learnt their lesson, released and within a short time has killed again and destroyed another innocent family's life forever. Better punishment that they should rot in jail and hope to make them suffer in the knowledge that that is what their life now consists of? Maybe in some cases, but when they are given parole and destroy another family then they should be put down as you would a rabid dog. That is all they are fit for.

At least Moat "I will keep killing cops till I'm dead" had the decency to top himself after blasting PC David Rathband in the face, blinding him and destroying his life, which he took after trying to make something of the position he found himself in. That poor man didn't deserve that no matter what. Moat's face would have been the last thing he saw.

We then saw scum trying to make Moat some sort of folk hero. You cannot justify that and those people should be utterly ashamed of themselves, which I doubt, they being nearly as mental as their "hero". Pathetic

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th February 2015, 11:42 AM GMT

Noye will never be any different. He is a psychopathic killer and people like him, Manson etc. should be put down and not given the chance to breathe air again.

How many times have we read that some murderer has been deemed to have learnt their lesson, released and within a short time has killed again and destroyed another innocent family's life forever. Better punishment that they should rot in jail and hope to make them suffer in the knowledge that that is what their life now consists of? Maybe in some cases, but when they are given parole and destroy another family then they should be put down as you would a rabid dog. That is all they are fit for.

At least Moat "I will keep killing cops till I'm dead" had the decency to top himself after blasting PC David Rathband in the face, blinding him and destroying his life, which he took after trying to make something of the position he found himself in. That poor man didn't deserve that no matter what. Moat's face would have been the last thing he saw.

We then saw scum trying to make Moat some sort of folk hero. You cannot justify that and those people should be utterly ashamed of themselves, which I doubt, they being nearly as mental as their "hero". Pathetic

I don't believe in the death penalty for three reasons, Firstly, I don't believe in taking somebody's life. Secondly, there IS always a chance of miscarriage of justice - maybe not in some of those you've named but it HAS happened in some of the most unlikely cases. Thirdly, I suppose I'm a bit of a sadist but I think they'll suffer more, if that's what you want, by being kept alive and leading a shitty life permanently imprisoned. Trouble is, if a prisoner has nothing to lose, they're going to be difficult for the staff to deal with - don't know what the answer is to that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th February 2015, 11:42 AM GMT

I'm honestly conflicted from the 1920s-60s the UK had absolutely the most efficent and humane system of executions in the world.

You commited a murder, involving guns, or other exceptional circumstances and you got death.

3 weeks later you were hanged, in a method of remarkable swiftness and painlesness.

No 45 minutes waiting for drugs to take effect or 10 years on death row.

The result Brit cops were hardly ever armed, because guns were at best a long sentence at worse a death sentence [even if you didn't pull the trigger]

And a murder, armed crime rates a fraction of what they are today.

I think it's death or a humane system with the possibility of redemption.

Suppose if we re-introduced the death sentence. If there was a miscarriage of justice then the person executed would the have been murdered. According to the law someone would have to be tried and executed.
Who?
The Judge?
The Jury?
The Investigating police officer?
The Executioner?
The Home Secretary?

They're being murdered either way. Guilty or not.

That's why it's wrong, kids.

Nothing wrong with a little bit of murder

Quote: sootyj @ 14th February 2015, 7:01 PM GMT

Nothing wrong with a little bit of murder

Does that chat up line ever work.

Quote: paulted @ 14th February 2015, 6:40 PM GMT

Suppose if we re-introduced the death sentence. If there was a miscarriage of justice then the person executed would the have been murdered. According to the law someone would have to be tried and executed.
Who?
The Judge?
The Jury?
The Investigating police officer?
The Executioner?
The Home Secretary?

Judge Dredd.

Quote: keewik @ 14th February 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

Thirdly, I suppose I'm a bit of a sadist but I think they'll suffer more, if that's what you want, by being kept alive and leading a shitty life permanently imprisoned.

I agree!

Quote: sootyj @ 14th February 2015, 5:39 PM GMT

45 minutes waiting for drugs to take effect.

Actually that's a good one too!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th February 2015, 10:32 PM GMT

Police killer Kenneth Noye to get a parole hearing re the road rage murder he committed in 1996.

Words fail me. :|

Terrorists our biggest concern now, imo unless they undergo some Clockwork Orange type therapy then they must not come out.

But people forget or don't understand the Liberal element of English law and the notion of ratio dicidendi on overall justice. So if road rage killers are being kept in then it would be a mockery to British justice and a scandal if any of the jihadi idiots got parole. And that cold logic is what will drive them to release noye because they won't be able to keep all islamist scum in forever.

Quote: keewik @ 14th February 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

I don't believe in the death penalty for three reasons, Firstly, I don't believe in taking somebody's life. Secondly, there IS always a chance of miscarriage of justice - maybe not in some of those you've named but it HAS happened in some of the most unlikely cases. Thirdly, I suppose I'm a bit of a sadist but I think they'll suffer more, if that's what you want, by being kept alive and leading a shitty life permanently imprisoned. Trouble is, if a prisoner has nothing to lose, they're going to be difficult for the staff to deal with - don't know what the answer is to that.

Impossible to say I realise, but would you feel the same way if it was someone like Moat or Noye that killed a close member of your family?

Quote: paulted @ 14th February 2015, 6:40 PM GMT

Now you are talking about a totally different scenario, as I fully agree with you that there would nothing worse than an innocent person being hanged or whatever - what I am talking about are killers like Moat or Noye who have no qualms about murdering someone and the proof of their guilt is 100%. If Noye was let out it is very likely he would kill again.
What I would like to see is those very people you quote being brought to account when they have released someone who then goes on to kill again.

Quote: zooo @ 14th February 2015, 6:43 PM GMT

They're being murdered either way. Guilty or not.

Murder definition:- the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. The key word there is "unlawful". If they were tried, found guilty and executed by legal process it would not be murder.

As for being executed by injection, this has always puzzled me as to why people who have been put to death this way seemingly have suffered so much, as has been reported. I have had two operations in my life and in both instances knew nothing of what had been done, so therefore if they had decided to "put me down" whilst under anaesthetic as far as I can tell I wouldn't have known anything about it.

Please let me conclude by reinforcing and saying that I am talking here about died in the wool killers who have no mercy in their soul and would kill for with no thought of the deed.

Herc if there was the death sentence and it followed the pattern of the 1950s-60s Kenneth would have been out of prison a decade ago.

The sentence if you were convicted of murder was life or death, if it was life unless you were very naughty inside it was 12 years.

Noys a clever, probably sociopathic rich arsehole who can afford the best lawyers. He got away with murdering a police officer, he would have got life and out in 12.

If you think that the courts will magically execute only those who really deserve it, then I've a bridge you may want to buy.