I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,669

Which reminds me - why couldn't they have just left it as Radio 7?

Yet again, change for the f**king sake of it.

Radio 7 was a pretty cool name, and Radio 4x just said this isn't a proper station.

Quote: sootyj @ 29th September 2014, 10:40 AM BST

Radio 7 was a pretty cool name, and Radio 4x just said this isn't a proper station.

It's safer on the coat tails of R4 as the shires would rightly start a war if they tried to give that the axe.

But still not that safe in the world we live in now.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th September 2014, 11:23 AM BST

It's safer on the coat tails of R4 as the shires would rightly start a war if they tried to give that the axe.

But still not that safe in the world we live in now.

It was doing absolutely fine on its own without referencing Radio 4 and suited my OCD of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7..... Pleased

Perhaps the problem is when they hit BBC 9 German listeners would just turn the wireless off.

Thrummmppp - tissshhhhh I thank yow!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th September 2014, 8:35 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I admire Farrage for his cunning and amazing instincts if nothing else.

He needs to say we're not racist, we like Europe just not the EU. So he does the Paddy Power ad, he gets to make loads of matey pro Europe anti American jokes, looks like a man of the people in an unflattering polo shirt whilst supping beer.

Message across, knocks Camerons ridiculous war off the news and he doesn't even have to pay for it....he gets paid for it.

Now that's a f**king operator.

Quote: sootyj @ 29th September 2014, 8:43 PM BST

I admire Farrage for his cunning and amazing instincts if nothing else.

He needs to say we're not racist, we like Europe just not the EU. So he does the Paddy Power ad, he gets to make loads of matey pro Europe anti American jokes, looks like a man of the people in an unflattering polo shirt whilst supping beer.

Message across, knocks Camerons ridiculous war off the news and he doesn't even have to pay for it....he gets paid for it.

Now that's a f**king operator.

Here's a curious thing. If I was to draw an 8 mile circle around where I am now - an area I grew up in and where I've lived all my life apart from one 15 year period - I reckon I've set foot everywhere. Except for one place. His village. It's in that circle but I've never been there. I don't know what it looks like other than from what I've seen on TV. I didn't know its name until it was mentioned. I couldn't have placed it on the map.

This says something profound to me. I just can't for the life of me think what it might be. It's something, I figure, about being off the beaten track and on a road to nowhere. But seeing that it is fast becoming the centre of the UK universe, I increasingly feel that those terms must apply to here and no longer to there.

'we like Europe just not the EU.'

I suspect he doesn't though. He doesn't strike me as a 'hug a Frenchman type'

He has been known to hug a German....

Rocker that's the point it's all smoke and mirrors. I was left after Millerbad's speech thinking what a pointless tool. Then a friend posted up on Facebook Labour's actual commitments, and it's like yeh I'd vote for that.

She ain't going to hit the 'Who Do You Fancy?'thread anytime soon tho'.

PHWOAR!!