I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,662

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th September 2014, 11:07 AM BST

Er...probably not. Unless you're colour blind. :S

"There is no official colour of Ireland as such. However, St Patrick's Blue and Presidential Blue are the colours that the Government of Ireland use for their day to day business. You will see the two different blues in the Dublin County football colours and on the old Aer Lingus liveries. The light blue is the St. Patrick's Blue, the dark one is the Presidential Blue which appears in the Irish crest. Dark blue with a gold bardic harp. Green is only a customary colour and cannot and should not ever be considered as the official colour"

The official colour of Ireland is in fact black with a white top.

Quote: Marc P @ 13th September 2014, 12:55 PM BST

The official colour of Ireland is in fact black with a white top.

Have you forgotten to take your pill again?

That's Michael Jackson's.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2014, 1:36 PM BST

Have you forgotten to take your pill again?

He's talking about Guinness.

True Nogget it was a really, really obscure reference, honest.

Laughing out loud

We should keep the blue. Light blue stands for peace, hope and unity at the United Nations. There is no reason why dark blue shouldn't mean more emphasis on those things. Keeping the blue dark would also enable BCG to keep its flag while avoiding a sectarian war between Oxford and Cambridge Universities.

To remember Scotland, the saltyre must be replaced by something in the colour ginger. I suggest a jar of Robertson's ginger marmalade in the modern form, ie without any depiction of an innocent but controversial child's toy. That will be in the centre beside the jar of PG tips and accompanying monkey, the latter being a truly innocent symbol for now - although this may later need to be revised by the Court of Human Rights.

The green on the jar will represent one part of Ireland - the rolling hills, Sinead O'Connor etc - and can sit nicely alongside the ginger which would also symbolise the Orange Order but with its aggro dulled down. As the ginger is a self-mutilated Scotland and a tamed if mad version of Unionism, it shall be called Paisley.

New poll from Survation, conducted for the Better Together campaign. Their topline figures are YES 41%, NO 47%, Don't know or refused 12%. Excluding the don't knows and won't says that works out at YES 46%, NO 54%

I think if the cowardly Scots find the can't face life away from the generous UK teet.
Then Darling should drive Cameron, Millerband and the Queen all around Scotland with their bare bums sticking out of the window of a Smart car.
So all the grumpy porridge lovers can kiss our collective arses.

If the no vote wins

That's going to be 40+% of the scots voting population seriously hacked off

Come the GE next year they may decide to take it out onLabour by converting on mass to the SNP

Thus helping the Tories to win

Then they can all turn round and say SEE? another 5 years of Tory rule !

I just hope they let all the indie bollox rest and do the right thing and get Labour back in power

Quote: sootyj @ 13th September 2014, 5:32 PM BST

I think if the cowardly Scots find the can't face life away from the generous UK teet.
Then Darling should drive Cameron, Millerband and the Queen all around Scotland with their bare bums sticking out of the window of a Smart car.
So all the grumpy porridge lovers can kiss our collective arses.

Laughing out loud

As the years pass, I find the tougher it gets to be in any political pigeon hole. I'm sort of red, blue, orange and green all at the same time. And generally those colours are in the opposite places to where in politics they now sit. With hindsight, I feel I was overly influenced by the New Seekers hit "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing in Perfect Harmony". No amount of Clash albums and Redskins gigs totally kicked that out.

While I can't stand any of "our" current non-leaders, all aspects of this circus astound me. Those attending the Last Night of the Proms may wish to consider what is now meant in the North by the term "red neck". For the Scottish appear to have developed a new definition among themselves, without even realising it.

It depresses me to think Galloway the permatanned little twat.
Is probably one of the last politicians with principles these days.

Other than IDS but he's just a sociopathic, mad man who some how snuck into government. And who'd be as happy killing homeless people and prostitutes with a claw hammer and saying God made him do it.

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th September 2014, 6:02 PM BST

If the no vote wins

That's going to be 40+% of the scots voting population seriously hacked off

Come the GE next year they may decide to take it out onLabour by converting on mass to the SNP

Thus helping the Tories to win

Then they can all turn round and say SEE? another 5 years of Tory rule !

I just hope they let all the indie bollox rest and do the right thing and get Labour back in power

I dunno SNP will have failed utterly and when conservative cuts come in, unless Salmond finds his fish balls and ups taxes. Then they'll take their vengance on them.

Quote: sootyj @ 13th September 2014, 6:20 PM BST

It depresses me to think Galloway the permatanned little twat.
Is probably one of the last politicians with principles these days.

Other than IDS but he's just a sociopathic, mad man who some how snuck into government. And who'd be as happy killing homeless people and prostitutes with a claw hammer and saying God made him do it.

I dunno SNP will have failed utterly and when conservative cuts come in, unless Salmond finds his fish balls and ups taxes. Then they'll take their vengance on them.

Was there ever a more weakly named scandal than Betsygate?

The prior warning was there in my opinion. :)

Blah and isn't she a millionare inheritor or something.

Quote: sootyj @ 13th September 2014, 6:29 PM BST

Blah and isn't she a millionare inheritor or something.

I think so. He lives on her father's grand estate. But there you are, you see. Neither of us remember the detail of it. MPs should either be squeaky clean or their scandals should be dark and gruesome. When there is a squeaky clean scandal, you just know that the dark and gruesome is about to be diverted onto voters.