I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,622

I know I'm going to sound like a cold, hardhearted bitch, but I don't feel any sympathy for somebody who made their victims' life a misery, no matter how old he is. He's had a long and, presumably, happy life so maybe it's time he did a bit of suffering in recompense. After all, I think we all reckon bloody Saville slipped through the net without paying for what he did.

I don't disagree Keewik and I don't think it makes you a cold-hearted bitch! I was just answering your point about age being a factor, tis all.

We used to hang people, flog them, make them wear silly masks and sit in the dark.
None of them worked, I kinda like the Indian and Danish prison villages where people live aside from the rest of society and create their own community.

Prison village? Sounds like Butlins...

If there isn't a punishment element, how do we really learn we've done wrong?

Quote: keewik @ 4th July 2014, 8:44 PM BST

Jennie tells you. Cool

punishment is great getting locked up to the point you go mad and losing the ability to work again, I dunno there's a better way.

Quote: keewik @ 4th July 2014, 8:44 PM BST

Cut their

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 4th July 2014, 8:40 PM BST

cojones

off

Quote: zooo @ 4th July 2014, 8:46 PM BST

Jennie tells you. Cool

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th July 2014, 8:49 PM BST

Cut their
off

That's Mr. K's solution for rapists though I keep telling him it won't work.

anusol

Quote: keewik @ 4th July 2014, 8:52 PM BST

That's Mr. K's solution for rapists though I keep telling him it won't work.

its a rough old neighbourhood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28163593

An eight year old, also a couple of victim's have waived their anonymity to give their testimonies....the man has done plenty wrong, I'm surprised anyone has to wonder what he did, it's all out there.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 4th July 2014, 9:11 PM BST

An eight year old, also a couple of victim's have waived their anonymity to give their testimonies....the man has done plenty wrong, I'm surprised anyone has to wonder what he did, it's all out there.

Justice must be seen to be served on a societal level. 5 years in jail - or possibly more as it's under review for undue leniency - is a death sentence for an 84 year old man with health problems.

Prison and capital punishment have no deterrent value, but what they do provide is a much needed buffer between society and violent evildoers. One of the reasons cited for the drop in US murder rates were that some of the most dangerous criminals were behind bars.

I'm all for locking up paedos as it's a definite solution to keeping them away from the objects of their lust.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 4th July 2014, 9:11 PM BST

That article doesn't say much about what he did, more about who he did it to. Apart from his daughter's friend the rest seems to be over the clothes touching.

Not excusable, but if you go into moral fury about that there is stuff out there that will make your head explode

What about nightmare on elm street?

Do we need another bastard of a 1000 maniacs with claws for hands?