The New Statesman Page 5

Just started rewatching this because of Mayall's death. Didn't realise before that the guy who played the senile Tory mp is the same actor who played Sir Arnold in Yes Minister.
Both great shows.

Isn't Patrick Troughton's son Piers?
Anyway loved this show, wouldn't mind seeing them again

And his wife was so incredibly sexy.

George Vance is to become an Earl? I'm happy for him but WTF?

I watched the first episode of this last night and quite enjoyed it, but didn't make me laugh as much it did back in the day. Will probably watch a few more episodes to see how it progresses.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th June 2014, 11:01 PM BST

Isn't Patrick Troughton's son Piers?

Yup! Good old Piers Fletcher-Dervish.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th June 2014, 2:25 PM BST

Yup! Good old Piers Fletcher-Dervish.

Fantastic scene, this, with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie! With a great line at the end where B'Stard says something like "Finding an old Nazi and unmask him? Shouldn't be too difficult to manage to...I'm a lifelong member of the Conservative party!"

Correct link for The New Statesman: here

EDIT: It's been fixed.

I've just completed re-watching the whole series. What a fantastic, marvellous programme. I'm slightly less fond of Series 4 than 1-3, but it still has its moments. A wonderful sitcom.

I'll add it to my watch next list

I have just finished watching the first series. Had to dust off my old VHS double box set, luckily the tapes still played.
The episodes really do get better and better. I love the hijacking of the plane to St James...Oh and the episode when Alan appears on TV am always makes me laugh.

Anyone remember the short sketch made for Comic Relief? That's an absolute gem!

Don't seem to have series two, so think I may have to invest in a DVD copy.

Ah, sigh. there can be no more...

Never actually saw this until Rik's untimely death. ITV showed the pilot, it was pretty good, not as zany as Filthy Rich & Catflap, but zany enough.

I've just bought the first two series of this on DVD and I've been enjoying them. Very funny. I was too young for them the first time around.

Just watched Series 3. I was looking forward to seeing Who Shot Alan B'Stard? but for some stupid reason they've put that on the Series 4 DVD. Then Series 3 ended with another cliffhanger. Good series though. So far though I think the first two series are the best.