The New Statesman Page 2

SHOWING ON ITV RIGHT NOW!

Quote: billwill @ November 30 2008, 4:22 PM GMT

Nowadays I use a TV Hard Disk recorder with twin digital tuners (bought for around £80 in Tescos) (*). Best gadget I ever bought, as it means that you have only to remember within about a week in advance to set it to record a show and then you can forget about it and then watch it any time during or after the show went on air.

(*) Same sort of facilities as SKY+ provides for satellite services.

Hmmm. Buying the DVD seemed to do the trick for me.

I bet it's funnier now than it was then...in those days it was far too close to the knuckle

It's okay, but I think it's aged badly.

The New Statesman kicks off on G.O.L.D. for the first time tonight, at 11pm. Continues every weeknight at the same time.

It has aged but by gawd Rik Mayall is a comedy God.

It is also nice to see him play a winner for once instead of the pathetic losers he normally does.

Alan B'Stard has now spoken out about the expenses scandal! He (or rather Maurice Gran) has written an article for the Daily Mail about the scandal.

http://tinyurl.com/poshvr

That is a work of genius. Lots of laughs, particularly loved the Olympics line.

Alan for PM!

Quality! :)

Dan

Yep Very good, better than Believe Nothing, but that wouldnt be hard, think B N is Rik's worst comedy

It's not bad, but...Meh. A poor man's Blackadder.

I loved loved loved Rik's moment where he gave everyone food poisoning at the really big fancy house and is just standing above them victoriously. Total Rik..just awesome ;)

My own favourite is where B'Stard promises Piers a luxury car in return for helping him, and presents him with the car and charges it to Piers (if I remember rightly).

Just going through the box set now. I've heard it said that this is a bit of a Blackadder rip-off, but I think he's so much more evil. Just seen episodes of him doing deals with Nazis, pushing old ladies and cripples over, killing people, etc and then doing that amazing laugh afterwards.

Really good stuff!

I've never got the appeal of Rik Mayall in anything, often wonder if it was just a generation thing.