Newsjack - Series 10 Page 21

don't forget - it's noon today for one-liners and NOT 4pm :D

That's High Noon for most of us Pleased

Finally submitted something (not too hopeful, but there are a couple of decent oneliners). Work and family getting in the way this week.

Can I ask how people time their writing? I tend to gather news from around the Thursday/Friday, build a couple of ideas on the Saturday and refine on Sunday. The issue I have (other than family & work)is that the news moves on and I want to be as current as possible.

Any advice is welcome.

Sent of 8 - just couldn't think of that killer third Coming Up - oh well...

Quote: Bonzo @ 11th March 2014, 9:10 AM GMT

don't forget - it's noon today for one-liners and NOT 4pm :D

Thanks and when did that get changed?! I'm so glad I checked here.

Oh bloody hell! When did that change? I've sent my oneliners eight minutes too late now.

Out of interest does anyone know of any website or even books where popular sketches have been typed out, hopefully with some analysis of the type of sketches they are.

Quote: blahblah @ 8th March 2014, 7:00 PM GMT

Just saw on twitter they've changed tuesday deadline to 12 instead of 4. So check there twitter feed for more info

blahblah mentioned the new deadline on here but I gather they didn't change the website until yesterday. Personally I think it would be poor form for them to reject everything received between 1200 and 1600, especially when the website said previously that the deadlines would be the same - i.e. Tuesday 1600 - for the whole series. Not everyone uses Twitter!

Bloody Bob Crow. Dying after I'd already submitted my one-liners.

Quote: Sheepstar @ 11th March 2014, 11:17 AM GMT

Finally submitted something (not too hopeful, but there are a couple of decent oneliners). Work and family getting in the way this week.

Can I ask how people time their writing? I tend to gather news from around the Thursday/Friday, build a couple of ideas on the Saturday and refine on Sunday. The issue I have (other than family & work)is that the news moves on and I want to be as current as possible.

Any advice is welcome.

Different people do it different ways but I find reading the paper on Sat/Sun works better for me. Usually smaller stories in there and seems to be easier to think of ideas when reading for me. Try and get a good selection of ideas together on Sat/Sun, draft them up on Sun afternoon and refine Sun pm / Mon am.

Difficult to tell at the moment how current the news stories need to be but I'd recommend not doing anything that was before last week's recording.

Thanks. Will give it a go this week.

Can I be a cheeky mare and ask what the content of the Yay You're In The Show email is?

I'm having a dilemma because my one-liner was used last week, and my name's typo'd on the writer's list, but I never got the email. I've contacted them and they haven't got back to me. It's all a bit mneh.

Does anyone have a spare ticket for tonight. If you do and would like to be bought a pint from a very happy recipricent please PM me :)

Quote: AndyGilder @ 11th March 2014, 12:22 PM GMT

Bloody Bob Crow. Dying after I'd already submitted my one-liners.

Sickepedia are still accepting Bob Crow gags (i imagine)
Quelle surprise, there were no Bob Crow or Mayalasian aeroplane references in the recording tonight.
There was one mention of Russel Crowe, nothing for Cheryl Crowe (or Cheryl Cole)

Top of my head

Sketches - Stephen Fry and Jack Bauer 24
William Hague and Justin Bieber
The producers bored daughter on mars in a link up to Romesh
Barecko Berner and Romesh - after the girl from blackpool misspelt his name (and thought he was our preident)
The 2 Old Ladies talking about something
Ricky Gervais and the new muppet movie.
Professor Brian Cox explaining something or other.

Breaking News/Coming Up - Is Your Cat a drug dealer?
something about a fish/fish pun.
something about Russel Crowe.

TV Listings - Something about Ryan from Blue.

minds gone blank on the short liners, probably cos they never used mine...
I'm sure some of the other guys can add to my list tomorrow morning.

Quote: Banksy @ 12th March 2014, 1:45 PM GMT

Can I be a cheeky mare and ask what the content of the Yay You're In The Show email is?

I'm having a dilemma because my one-liner was used last week, and my name's typo'd on the writer's list, but I never got the email. I've contacted them and they haven't got back to me. It's all a bit mneh.

Content of the yay email - It tells you your joke was recorded, and will be in the show and asks for your bank details.
(It's signed by a nigerian prince in exile so be wary)
It actually comes from a payment department of the BBC as ooposed to the producers.
Have you tried them via the twitter feed. Thursday may be busy if they be editing together the show.

I got a recorded but cut email last sunday, said we like your work, keep submitting, and the deadline has moved to 12pm - awkward cos I don't get up till 11.45am (on a good day)

Keep at them though - for the payment and to spell your name properly.
What was the line?

Quote: radiogagger @ 13th March 2014, 12:09 AM GMT

Sickepedia are still accepting Bob Crow gags (i imagine)
Quelle surprise, there were no Bob Crow or Mayalasian aeroplane references in the recording tonight.
There was one mention of Russel Crowe, nothing for Cheryl Crowe (or Cheryl Cole)

Top of my head

Sketches - Stephen Fry and Jack Bauer 24
William Hague and Justin Bieber
The producers bored daughter on mars in a link up to Romesh
Barecko Berner and Romesh - after the girl from blackpool misspelt his name (and thought he was our preident)
The 2 Old Ladies talking about something
Ricky Gervais and the new muppet movie.
Professor Brian Cox explaining something or other.

Breaking News/Coming Up - Is Your Cat a drug dealer?
something about a fish/fish pun.
something about Russel Crowe.

TV Listings - Something about Ryan from Blue.

minds gone blank on the short liners, probably cos they never used mine...
I'm sure some of the other guys can add to my list tomorrow morning.

Thank you for your service...

I knew that bloody old ladies sketch was going to be a runner...