Newsjack - Series 10 Page 23

Quote: radiogagger @ 13th March 2014, 12:15 AM GMT

Sketches -
Ricky Gervais and the new muppet movie.
Breaking News
something about Russel Crowe.

I entered a Ricky Gervais, Muppet movie one liner but not a sketch so that's not mine.

I did enter a Russell crowe breaking news one liner so, you've got my hopes up big time!

Thanks, and if I don't get on, I'll be holding you responsible!!

:)

Normally I'd say congratulations all but it might just be congratulations to you (singular)!

Which might make your achievement all the more special.

Got the e-mail saying I've got something in the show tonight - it says 'please send your contact number...' Does that mean my phone number? Or is it something I'm unaware of? Because I am unaware of a lot of things.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 13th March 2014, 2:19 PM GMT

I'm in. First ever credit! Only submitted one liners.

Congratulations.

I got an email today too, looking forward to hearing which of my one-liners they used.

Congrats to all who got in, I look forward to the show tonight.

Quote: radiogagger @ 13th March 2014, 12:15 AM GMT

Content of the yay email - It tells you your joke was recorded, and will be in the show and asks for your bank details.
(It's signed by a nigerian prince in exile so be wary)
It actually comes from a payment department of the BBC as ooposed to the producers.
Have you tried them via the twitter feed. Thursday may be busy if they be editing together the show.

I got a recorded but cut email last sunday, said we like your work, keep submitting, and the deadline has moved to 12pm - awkward cos I don't get up till 11.45am (on a good day)

Keep at them though - for the payment and to spell your name properly.
What was the line?

Thanks so much! I took your advice and got onto them at Twitter and everything's sorted now - phew :)

Good luck to everyone for this episode!

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 13th March 2014, 5:05 PM GMT

Congratulations.

I got an email today too, looking forward to hearing which of my one-liners they used.

Which one or more did they use Tony?

And anyone else who got anything on

Quote: V Riddoch @ 13th March 2014, 3:27 PM GMT

Yay! Well done. I was at the recording: what did you submit?

Hubble telescope. Not the best one I submitted in my opinion, but I guess it's as much about what fits as anything.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 13th March 2014, 11:01 PM GMT

Hubble telescope. Not the best one I submitted in my opinion, but I guess it's as much about what fits as anything.

Well, it made me (and everyone else) laugh.

Well done again, and to everyone else who made it on this week.

Quote: V Riddoch @ 13th March 2014, 11:18 PM GMT

Well, it made me (and everyone else) laugh.

Well done again, and to everyone else who made it on this week.

Thank you. I think I feel more smug tonight than I did when I had a sitcom script commissioned. I seem to be having my career in reverse. Which is annoying.

Not sure about the 'Is your cat a drug dealer' line, what was that about?

Since when did they change it to the Tim Vine show? He should submit, he'd make a killing.

'Russell Crowe is an actual crow' - whichever producer decided to put that in how do they sleep at night....forget it, I can't even muster this...I'm speechless...

Quote: James Salisbury @ 13th March 2014, 11:35 PM GMT

Not sure about the 'Is your cat a drug dealer' line, what was that about?

He was probably selling some Miaow Miaow

Well looks like the attempt to make this into the Romesh Ranganathan vehicle has picked up even more momentum since last weeks disappointing opener.

Just interview after interview sketch, presumably because Romesh can't really do any other role than himself. In fact he seems to have nestled into acting more like a compère than a stand up.

Some of the one liners were just bizarre. And having taking away the topicality a lot of them just sound like recycled old jokes with no relation to the rest of the show. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if by having taking out the topicality they've opened themselves up to quite a few plagiarised jokes being sent in.

No satire, or certainly not what I recognise as satire. It almost seems that they've made a very deliberate choice to remain completely apolitical and just concentrate on celebrities and sport.

Overall, now just a very bizarre tabloid version of what used to be a genuinely funny and often cutting broadsheet comedy show.

Quote: Winger @ 14th March 2014, 1:42 AM GMT

Well looks like the attempt to make this into the Romesh Ranganathan vehicle has picked up even more momentum since last weeks disappointing opener.

Just interview after interview sketch, presumably because Romesh can't really do any other role than himself. In fact he seems to have nestled into acting more like a compère than a stand up.

Some of the one liners were just bizarre. And having taking away the topicality a lot of them just sound like recycled old jokes with no relation to the rest of the show. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if by having taking out the topicality they've opened themselves up to quite a few plagiarised jokes being sent in.

No satire, or certainly not what I recognise as satire. It almost seems that they've made a very deliberate choice to remain completely apolitical and just concentrate on celebrities and sport.

Overall, now just a very bizarre tabloid version of what used to be a genuinely funny and often cutting broadsheet comedy show.

On the plus side: your review was entertaining.