Newsjack - Series 10 Page 22

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 12th March 2014, 5:10 PM GMT

Does anyone have a spare ticket for tonight. If you do and would like to be bought a pint from a very happy recipricent please PM me :)

sorry DBM I had access to a spare for tonight but didin't see your post. By coincidence my friend compared me to a monkey on the way home from the recording. I'm looking for a new friend if anyone is interested.

:O

Quote: Winger @ 13th March 2014, 12:15 AM GMT

Thank you for your service...

I knew that bloody old ladies sketch was going to be a runner...

There was no Morgana tonight (hence no Russel Brand sketches) it was Pippa and Margaret.

Their Kermit and Miss Piggy impressions for the muppet sketch were really good. I thinkthat's a compliment!

Lewis was in good form as always and corpsed twice while doing Bill Clinton (part of the baracko berner sketch) and William Hague.

Thanks for the post-match report, Radiogagger.

Quote: Winger @ 13th March 2014, 12:15 AM GMT

I knew that bloody old ladies sketch was going to be a runner...

I feared it would. We can only hope for a severe cold snap wherever they store them between recordings.

Quote: skram @ 7th March 2014, 2:17 PM GMT

I guess we can look forward to the Brian Cox and Ed Milliband impressions next week...!

Quote: radiogagger @ 13th March 2014, 12:15 AM GMT

Professor Brian Cox explaining something or other.

Bingo! :)

Two more sketches remembered.

A sun journalist (presumably not in court/jail yet) reacting to Michael Gove.
A government initiative on rhyming sentences.

Still no recall on the one-liners!

I am in no way trying to persuade absolutely everyone else to stop writing for Newsjack so that I have a better chance (honest). But Dave Cohen's latest blog may get us all through those darker moments over the coming weeks. Even though I am old enough to remember Weekending, I hadn't remembered that it broadcast 40 WEEKS A YEAR.

http://davecohen.squarespace.com/basac/

Yes, I read that. Very comforting. :D

Quote: V Riddoch @ 13th March 2014, 12:50 PM GMT

I am in no way trying to persuade absolutely everyone else to stop writing for Newsjack so that I have a better chance (honest). But Dave Cohen's latest blog may get us all through those darker moments over the coming weeks. Even though I am old enough to remember Weekending, I hadn't remembered that it broadcast 40 WEEKS A YEAR.

http://davecohen.squarespace.com/basac/

Cor! Wouldn't it be good if there was a show we could submit to for the majority of the year?

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 13th March 2014, 1:33 PM GMT

Cor! Wouldn't it be good if there was a show we could submit to for the majority of the year?

Genuine question: Is that just an observation that it would be good or humour/sarcasm because you know of such a show?

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 13th March 2014, 1:42 PM GMT

Genuine question: Is that just an observation that it would be good or humour/sarcasm because you know of such a show?

It is an observation/hope that there would be such a show. If I knew of such a show I would be shouting it from the rooftops!

I'm in. First ever credit! Only submitted one liners.

Damn!

I've wondered before why NJ only runs for 12 weeks a year. If it's worth doing weekly for 6 week runs then surely it's worth doing more... And if people burn out just run it monthly all year round.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 13th March 2014, 2:19 PM GMT

Congratulations!

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 13th March 2014, 2:21 PM GMT

Congratulations!

Cheers.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 13th March 2014, 2:21 PM GMT

Damn!

I've wondered before why NJ only runs for 12 weeks a year. If it's worth doing weekly for 6 week runs then surely it's worth doing more... And if people burn out just run it monthly all year round.

Congratulations!

Now I feel guilty for raising false expectations! I also agree with what your saying 100%. Maybe if we both work real hard and eat our weetabix one of us could become the head of bbc radio comedy and make it happen? ;)

Yay! Well done. I was at the recording: what did you submit?

I assume that means this week's emails have already gone out?