- BBC Three
- 6 (1 series)
- Steen Raskopoulos, John Kearns, Donovan Blackwood, Gabby Best, John Hollingworth, Phil Wang, Rio Myers, Rich Fulcher and Alan Dale
- Céin McGillicuddy and Andy Kinnear
- Céin McGillicuddy
- Bertie Peek, Ash Atalla and Dan Hine
Top Coppers follows the adventures of cops John Mahogany and Mitch Rust as they attempt to rid the fictional world of Justice City from its deranged criminal underworld.
The universe and its characters are derived from the conventions of American and British cop shows of the 70s and 80s, from Starsky & Hutch to The Professionals, but is set in no specific time or country.
Big, silly characters and hilarious stories, Top Coppers is filled with familiar tropes and references from the police and action genres, as well as drawing on relatable British situations, problems and relationships.
The home of the show is Justice City Police Department, again, inspired by cop shows of the 70s and 80s; the Station Floor, Chief's office, Interrogation Room, Helga's Lab, The Locker Room, The Car, Mayor Brady's office, Prison Cell.
Each week, a different crisis hits Justice City and Mahogany and Rust fight it out with their JCPD colleagues to solve the 'case of the week'. From drug lords, 1980s computer hackers, mad scientists, evil twin brothers and retired science fiction actors the show boasts a whole host of villainous cameos from the likes of James Fleet, Diana Vickers and Kayvan Novak.
- Production company
- Laugh track
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 19th August 2015 on BBC Three at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 23rd September 2015 on BBC Three at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 30th December 2015 at 12:50am