- Sitcom, Comedy Drama
- 2013 - 2014
- BBC Two
- 8 (2 series)
- Mathew Baynton, James Corden, Sarah Solemani, Tom Basden, Dawn French, Rebecca Front, Stephen Campbell Moore, Paul Cawley and others
- James Corden, Mathew Baynton and Tom Basden
- Jim Field Smith
- Jim Field Smith, Charlie Leech, Mark Freeland, Charlotte Koh and Myfanwy Moore
From actor/writer duo James Corden and Mathew Baynton, The Wrong Mans series centres on Sam Pinkett and Phil Bourne, office workers for Berkshire County Council, who have their menial existence turned upside-down by a chance phone call and a case of mistaken identity.
After being sole witness to a car crash on a desolate country road, Sam answers an abandoned mobile telephone and hears a message that was clearly not meant for him: "If you are not here by 5 o'clock, we will kill your wife". Encouraged by office mailroom delivery boy Phil that they can be the heroes of the hour, the duo soon find themselves plunged into a deadly kidnap situation.
Having narrowly escaped death from all sides during Series 1, Series 2 sees the boys back to zero and starting new lives 4,000 miles from home. But someone still wants them dead, and it doesn't look like things are going to be any easier this time around...
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 24th September 2013 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 23rd December 2014 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Last repeat
- Monday 21st November 2016 at 1:10am on Gold