Factual series for GOLD looking at the themes of family, romance, friendships and Christmas as portrayed within situation comedy
- 4 (1 series)
- Hugh Dennis, Joanna Page, Neil Morrissey, Ricky Tomlinson, Miranda Hart, Marcus Brigstocke, Steve Punt, David Schneider and others
- Chris Hill, Delyth Lloyd, Alex Leigh and Lindsay Jex
- Lindsay Jex, Chris Hill, Delyth Lloyd and Alex Leigh
During the UK's rich history of sitcoms, certain winning themes have always been present. From family to friends, to relationships to social events and family holidays, these types of themes have been the foundation on which great sitcoms have been made. This series puts these themes under the microscope.
Each of the four episodes of Sitcom Does... is presented by one of the stars from a modern great, talking about a subject they know only too well. Gavin & Stacey's Joanna Page examines sitcom romances, Outnumbered's Hugh Dennis looks at the best sitcom families, Men Behaving Badly's Neil Morrisey talks sitcom friendships and Ricky Tomlinson gets festive with the sitcom Christmas.
Reflecting how successful sitcoms create comedy from the humdrum of everyday existence, each episode opens with the host before throwing to interviews from some of the greatest comedy talents in the UK, who contribute their own individual observations.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Only In A Sitcom (Working title)
- Sitcom Does Families With Hugh Dennis (Other official name)
- Sitcom Does Romance With Joanna Page (Other official name)
- Sitcom Does Friendship With Neil Morrissey (Other official name)
- Sitcom Does Christmas With Ricky Tomlinson (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 14th November 2011 on Gold at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 5th December 2011 on Gold at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Thursday 4th December 2014 at 11:00pm