- 2011 - 2018
- BBC Two
- 41 (5 series)
- Matt LeBlanc, Tamsin Greig, Stephen Mangan, Kathleen Rose Perkins, John Pankow, Mircea Monroe, Daisy Haggard, Joseph May and more
- David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik
- James Griffiths, Jim Field Smith, Iain B MacDonald and Jeffrey Klarik
- Pat Lees, David Crane, Jeffrey Klarik, Debbie Pisani, Jimmy Mulville and Mark Kinsella
Episodes is the story of a married English couple, Sean and Beverly Lincoln, who also happen to be successful writer-creators of hit sitcom Lyman's Boys.
When their show is picked up by a top US TV network, they're schmoozed and convinced into going over to run the adaptation. But their experience is far from smooth, and they find the erudite, intelligent series becomes locker-room comedy Pucks! under the direction of their new American bosses, with Friends alumnus Matt LeBlanc installed as their leading man. They find themselves in a complicated triangle, which threatens to destroy not just their TV show but also their marriage.
As the series progress, the Lincolns' traumatic experience navigating the US TV system continues apace. It's a portrait gallery of megalomaniac network executives, surgically-enhanced actresses and naked stalkers who appear unexpectedly in your kitchen. Through it all, Sean and Beverly struggle to rediscover first the love they shared when they started their American adventure, and then their sanity.
Fortunes are lost, hearts are broken, egos are crushed, careers are ruined, sex tapes are revealed, and large amounts of alcohol are consumed. Just another day in Hollywood.
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Monday 10th January 2011 at 10pm on BBC Two
- Most recent repeats
- Pinewood Studios - Series 1
- Wimbledon Studios - Series 2 and Series 3
- Los Angeles - Location filming, including Paramount Pictures
- Elstree Film Studios - Series 4
- West London Film Studios