- 1978 - 2000
- BBC Two, BBC One
- 28 (4 series), plus 2 short specials
- Wendy Craig, Geoffrey Palmer, Bruce Montague, Nicholas Lyndhurst, Andrew Hall, Joyce Windsor, Michael Ripper and Sarah James
- Carla Lane
- John B Hobbs and Sydney Lotterby
- Gareth Gwenlan and Sydney Lotterby
Ria Parkinson is married to Ben, a butterfly-collecting dentist who seems to take her for granted. The pair have two grown-up sons, Adam and Russell, who also take her for granted. Feeling dissatisfied with her life Ria meets Leonard and spends the next few years almost having an affair with the dashing businessman.
Whilst the other Parkinson family members don't recognise anything wrong with Ria or her life, she falls deeper into a world of depressive confusion and indecision with Leonard apparently the sole light at the end of the tunnel. Leonard or Ben? Who knows...
- Production company
- The theme is Love Is Like A Butterfly, which was originally written and performed by Dolly Parton. This version is sung by British singer Clare Torry with music arranged by Ronnie Hazlehurst.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Friday 10th November 1978 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 17th November 2000 on BBC One at 9:15pm
- Last repeat
- Monday 21st December 2020 at 5:30pm on BBC2 Wales