- 1966 - 1971
- BBC One
- 33 (1 pilot + 5 series), plus 1 short special
- Robertson Hare, William Mervyn, Derek Nimmo, John Barron, Ernest Clark and Joan Sanderson
- Pauline Devaney and Edwin Apps
- John Howard Davies and Stuart Allen
- Stuart Allen, John Howard Davies and Robin Nash
The 13th Century St. Ogg's Cathedral is home to Bishop Hubert Cleaver and his support staff: Henry, the Archdeacon is prone to a tipple, whilst the Rev. Mervyn Noote, as his chaplain, provides support in his own naive, bumbling manner. Their life would be a fairly cosy affair if it were not for the officious Dean, Lionel Pugh Critchley, who never tires of telling the Bishop where he is going wrong.
Use the menu bar above to access more pages.