On The Buses - Film Collection
Hold on for a non-stopping service of laughs with all three films on Blu-ray for the first time worldwide.
The British television series On The Buses became an international hit, with a dedicated fanbase still active to this day. The misadventures of bus driver Stan Butler, his dysfunctional family, mate-in-mischief Jack, and overbearing boss Blakey were so successful that Hammer Films produced not one, but three big screen adaptations which sent the sitcom premise on a new route.
This three-disc set includes a limited edition 40-page collectable booklet containing reproductions of the original pressbook for each film.
On The Buses
A double-decker of riotous laughter as those crazy comedy conductors prove all's fare in love and war on the buses! Larky Reg Varney and lecherous Bob Grant lose their overtime pay and excuses for laziness when women drivers are employed to ease the staff shortage at the bus depot. Facing the sack means a bumpy road ahead for the much-loved characters from the smash-hit television series.
Mutiny On The Buses
Climb aboard for a busload of bright and breezy laughs when Stan Butler tells his shocked family he's getting married. To earn extra cash he blackmails the Depot into giving him the job of driving on the money-making Special Tours Bus. A great idea... if only Inspector Blake hadn't taken Stan on a trial run to Windsor Safari Park! Especially as the conductresses are taking a uniform ruling literally - and dropping their knickers in protest.
Holiday On The Buses
More room on top for double decker laughter as those crazy conductors say "Hi-De-Hi" to a Welsh holiday camp in the third of the ever popular On The Buses movies. Fired from the depot for crashing three buses, Jack and Stan go beside the seaside to run the resort's transport. But when Blakey coasts in as Camp Security Inspector, the sun of a beach sets in motion a coachload of chaotic misadventures.
First released: Wednesday 27th December 2023
- Alternative open-matte 1.33:1 aspect ratio version of the first film, On The Buses (1.85:1 standard for all three films)
- Collectable 40-page booklet containing reproductions of the original pressbook for each film
- On The Buses: Non-Stop Laughter: New featurette on the making of the film franchise
- New audio commentary by television historian Henry Holland and Aaron Brown of British Comedy Guide (2023) on On The Buses
- Interviews with cast members Reg Varney, Anna Karen, Stephen Lewis and Andria Lawrence
- Interview with writers / producers Ronald Chesney and Ronald Wolfe
- Interview with Hammer Films producer / production supervisor Roy Skeggs
- Interview with runners at Hammer Films, Brian Reynolds and Phil Campbell
- Interview with author and film historian Morris Bright
- Interview with Dean Sullivan of Sullivan Buses on the classic Routemaster
- Interview with Steve Luxton, founder of the On The Buses fan club
- On The Buses Archive Interviews Revisited featurette
- Alternative opening music excerpt for the first film
- Theatrical trailer for each film
- Photo galleries
Not in the UK?
If you are in the North America, look out for US/Canadian flag icons on popular product listings for direct links.
If you order from a UK store, please note that the UK is in Region 2 and B, respectively, for DVDs and Blu-rays - check your player's compatibility, or look for multi-region products if you are located in another region.
If you are in Australia or New Zealand (DVD Region 4), note that almost all DVDs distributed in the UK by the BBC and 2entertain are encoded for both Region 2 and Region 4. The UK and Australasia are in the same Blu-ray region (B).