Mark Watson Talks A Bit About Life
Radio 4 series in which Mark Watson tackles the 'academic and abstract subjects that affect our everyday life'
- 2014 - 2020
- BBC Radio 4
- 14 (3 series)
- Mark Watson, Tim Key, Tom Basden, Sam Simmons, Will Adamsdale, Nicola Dempsey and Rosie Dempsey
- Mark Watson, Tom Basden, Tim Key, Will Adamsdale, Sam Simmons, Nicola Dempsey and Rosie Dempsey
- Lianne Coop
Previous series have seen Mark and his two deputies eradicate the seven deadly sins, promote virtue throughout the world, and broadcast live to the nation allowing the audience to guide Mark's attempts to make the world a better place. This latest format will see Mark and two henchmen tackle the bigger, more academic and abstract subjects that affect our everyday life, asking big questions that are crucial to our understanding of ourselves and the crazy world around us.
Themes are examined from every angle, torn apart, laughed at and put back together again to help listeners to understand themselves and the world around them, and to make it a slightly better place using stand-up, poetry, songs and dippy interactions.
For Series 2, Mark was assisted and impeded in equal measure by henchmen Sam Simmons and Will Adamsdale, as he revived his quest to make sense of life against the backdrop of a world that, in recent times, has come to appear even more peculiar than usual.
The tenacious trio take on some of human life's central topics in Series 2 - family, spirituality, Scandinavia. Watson peddles his unique, high-octane stand-up while Simmons and Adamsdale chip in with interjections which include (but are not limited to) music, shopping lists, life advice, stunts, avant-garde offerings and divvy interactions.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Mark Watson Wants To Briefly Talk To You About The Point Of Life (Working title)
- Mark Watson Wants To Talk A Bit About Life (Working title)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 14th October 2014 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 27th September 2016 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 14th November 2019 at 11:30pm on Radio 4 Extra