- 1939 - 1949
- BBC Home Service
- 310 (12 series)
- Tommy Handley, Cecilia Eddy, Eric Egan, Vera Lennox, Dino Galvani, Diana Morrison, Hattie Jacques, Hugh Morton and more
- Tommy Handley and Ted Kavanagh
- Francis Worsley
The first series began with Handley working on a private radio station, but he later moved on to work as Minister of Aggravation and Mysteries at the Office of Twerps; the Mayor of seedy seaside resort Foaming at the Mouth; and Governor of the South Sea island Tomtopia.
Accompanying Handley during the twelve series were a range of characters with their own catchphrases, most notable of these being Mrs Mopp (Dorothy Summers) the char-lady whose line "Can I do you now, sir?" was the most popular catchpharse of the day; and Colonel Humphrey Chinstrap, who managed to interpret almost any remark as the suggestion for a drink, quipping in reply: "I don't mind if I do".
- Also known as
- It's That Sand Again (Alternative name for four series set at)
- ITMA (Acronym)
- Most recent repeats
- Saturday 5th December 2020 at 7:30pm on Radio 4 Extra
- Saturday 5th December 2020 at 9:30am on Radio 4 Extra
- Monday 9th November 2020 at 1:30am on Radio 4 Extra