- 1939 - 1949
- BBC Home Service
- 310 (12 series)
- Tommy Handley, Cecilia Eddy, Eric Egan, Vera Lennox, Dino Galvani, Diana Morrison, Hattie Jacques, Hugh Morton and others
- Tommy Handley and Ted Kavanagh
- Francis Worsley
ITMA followed the adventures of Tommy Handley as he undertook a series of (fictional) bizarre jobs that involved working with strange characters.
The first series began with Handley working on a private radio station, but he later moved on to work as Minister of Aggravation and Mysteries at the Office of Twerps; the Mayor of seedy seaside resort Foaming at the Mouth; and Governor of the South Sea island Tomtopia.
Accompanying Handley during the twelve series were a range of characters with their own catchphrases, most notable of these being Mrs Mopp (Dorothy Summers) the char-lady whose line "Can I do you now, sir?" was the most popular catchpharse of the day; and Colonel Humphrey Chinstrap, who managed to interpret almost any remark as the suggestion for a drink, quipping in reply: "I don't mind if I do".
- Production company
- Also known as
- ITMA (Acronym)
- It's That Sand Again (Alternative name for four series set at)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- Upcoming repeats
- Sunday 27th October at 8am on Radio 4 Extra
- Sunday 27th October at 12pm on Radio 4 Extra