The League Of Gentlemen - Series 3 Page 4

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ July 1 2010, 4:00 PM BST

Reece said they had meant to do something similar on TV a few years ago but were bumped by Girls Aloud.

How awful to be bumped by Girls Aloud.

Indeed, they're all a bit bony now. Think of the bruises!

Ha, I remember them getting shafted by that show for Girls Aloud. What a bloody cheek.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2010, 5:06 PM BST

Ha, I remember them getting shafted by Girls Aloud. What a bloody cheek.

:O

Oops.

Oooh I bet that would have put the willies up them.

I think I actually prefer watching LofG with commentary than without! They are just so funny, and I know the programme off by heart anyway.

I like Series 3 a lot, probably my favourite - the Geoff episode especially.

Quote: roystonpoisoner @ July 29 2010, 12:55 PM BST

I think I actually prefer watching LofG with commentary than without! They are just so funny, and I know the programme off by heart anyway.

:D Same here. I love it when they slag off the bad actors, when Jeremy pipes up to say something that has them all shocked/laughing hysterically, every time Reece gets pissed off about something... It's a tie between Series 3 and the Live At Drury Lane show for best commentary for me.

^Series 3 wins for me,
I love what they say about Tish 'she looks like she stinks' and Charlie 'onion in a wig' lol!

Royston Vasey has just become a bit more realistic. A dog cinema has been set up in Shetland.

Story from the BBC

Quote: SlagA @ October 29 2008, 2:51 AM BST

Can't believe there isn't a LOG thread here (I did search too)

So did I! Oh well we're here now. I bought the DVD boxset on Friday so expect a series of pertinent comments on a series which appears to be becoming forgotten rather too quickly.

Quote: Hegs @ 30th June 2010, 3:47 AM BST

I have enjoyed most of the League of Gentlemen related programmes except series 3. Those boys from the League sure have a sadistic side to their personalities. They are however, the Monty Python for this generation.

Series 3, bar wives, ends happily though. And perverse though they may be, three of the episodes are love stories (Pauline/Mickey, Alvin/Judith, Charlie/Tony/Judee). Softies really!

Personally I love the kinkiness of Series 3. Sunny and Alvin are boring in Series 2 but Alvin's episode in Series 3 is hilarious. And Pauline and Ross has to be one of the classic moments. I love Ross's cruel side; one of my favourite characters.

Series 3 is definitely less casual than 1 and 2 though; you'd have to be a convert to watch it. But it does pay off.

I admired the ways that they went in a completely different direction in series three, but agree that the ending was bizarrely rubbish. I own all three series of LoG on DVD and will listen to the commentaries at some point, probably after I've watched series one of Look Around You.